We've officially become the villain in the eyes of basketball fans | Syracusefan.com

We've officially become the villain in the eyes of basketball fans

Czar

All Conference
It seems, going to common area forums (comments, r/collegebasketball, elsewhere) where you get a mix of fans from around the country, we're now the villains. We get all the calls, we're weak, etc. etc.

It's a weird feeling.

/queue hatersgonnahate and defensiveness.

It's a perk of being #1! I just try and be generous with fans if all the teams whose spirits we are crushing. Crushing. Crushing in the final seconds. Making them wish they had one more shot, making them question whether they shouldn't have called a different final play on offense, making them regret inviting us into the ACC.

Yup, enjoy the perks.

It's called being #1.

Nah, it goes beyond that. Arizona didn't get the same treatment, they got the #1 hate, but we're getting the #1+lucky+bullshit calls treatment.

Well people actually get to see our games, so that may have an impact.

I don't think there's a burn unit big enough for the entire left coast after that one.

It seems, going to common area forums (comments, r/collegebasketball, elsewhere) where you get a mix of fans from around the country, we're now the villains. We get all the calls, we're weak, etc. etc.

It's a weird feeling.

/queue hatersgonnahate and defensiveness.
Same thing we said when we were where they are now...

Nah, it goes beyond that. Arizona didn't get the same treatment, they got the #1 hate, but we're getting the #1+lucky+bullshit calls treatment.
We still have an many debts owed us for bullshit calls in the past. From Marty Byrnes vs. W. Kentucky in the '78 NCAA's to Scoop's over and back vs .Marquette. We have a ways to go until we are even.

upload_2014-2-15_22-38-16.jpeg

When your team has that "magic" quality working for it everyone else tends to get pissy and jealous of that trait. We just have "it" right now, and no one else does.

We still have an many debts owed us for bullshit calls in the past. From Marty Byrnes vs. W. Kentucky in the '78 NCAA's to Scoop's over and back vs .Marquette. We have a ways to go until we are even.

The BS technichal foul on Trob vs. Vermont. concerning the OP, embrace the heel turn

I've said this before and I am saying it again. TEAM. Mentally tough/nopanic/defense.

25-0 and counting.

Haters will hate...
Poise under pressure - something coach's like Calipari, Dixon, etc. don't know how to teach.