What 2 seasons were you glad to see end? | Syracusefan.com

What 2 seasons were you glad to see end?

gilardino

Starter
2001-02, shumpert and williams debacle

2007-08, donte green garbage

this past season will be missed tremendously

I'm never going to understand why so many Syracuse fans hate Donte. By all accounts he was a good kid who decided he needed to help his family. And according to JB, Donte was asked to play the perimeter once Eric went down because we had no other shooters that year except for Jonny. And that "garbage" team was closer to making the tournament than the 2007 team.

Shumpert should not be placed in the same sentence as Williams. Preston developed into an all Big East player while he was here. That team collapsed, but I don't remember blaming Preston for that collapse at the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I'm never going to understand why so many Syracuse fans hate Donte. By all accounts he was a good kid who decided he needed to help his family. And according to JB, Donte was asked to play the perimeter once Eric went down because we had no other shooters that year except for Jonny. And that "garbage" team was closer to making the tournament than the 2007 team.

Shumpert should not be placed in the same sentence as Williams. Preston developed into an all Big East player while he was here. That team collapsed, but I don't remember blaming Preston for that collapse at the time.

Let me take a stab at why people have less then good feelings about Donte:

cocky behaviour on the court i.e. that stupid dynasty symbol. If he / the rest of the team actually backed it up, it would've been tolerable however that team made a habit of playing great for 25 - 30 minutes and collapsing down the stretch. Never seen an SU team blow so many leads before or since.

Wearing the "Don'te Leave" T-Shirt during warm-ups before every game when he had absolutely no plans on coming back. He seemed to love the attention he recieved, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Whether he meant to or not it came across as a bit disingenuous.

I feel the same way about most of that team, Flynn and Harris included. They all seemed selfish, self-centered and childish to me.

I'm never going to understand why so many Syracuse fans hate Donte.

Why do so many fans insist on tearing down Scoop? Some SU fans insist on trying to eat their young....I think it has something to do with the toxic chemicals in the winds blowing in off of Onondaga Lake.

Preston's face got in the way of Deshaun's fist. ;)

The 1943-44 season, because SU didn't play at all.
And the 1960-61 season. That was a killer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom