What a Call By Babers. | Syracusefan.com

What a Call By Babers.

Once we hit the point where running the ball wasn’t an option he had to do it.

DeVito rewarded him on the very first play.

LOL. He waited WAYYYYYYY to long. Not giving Dino any credit here, love the guy but I'm not. For him to have the balls to come out and say that he is still committed to Dungey too, ridiculous. I get the potential strategy behind it but its time to embrace it, Eric is hurt. There is no question his throwing arm is not what it normally is. Ever since he walked off the field at WMU holding his right arm, he has had next to ZERO arm strength.

Absolutely crazy he made the move when he did. Rode with ED the whole game and then when it mattered most made the move. Absolutely balls of steel.

If he’s nearly that good in practice, the triggered should have been pulled far earlier.

The call to insert DeVito was positively Saban-esque. This was not an easy thing to do in the hierarchical world of college football. Praise be to creative thinking.
Not to be overlooked is how the D stepped it up once TD gave us a chance.

Amazing how success on one side of the ball causes the other side to up its game.

Dungey was cheap shotted just before the half & I think he was concussed in the 2nd half. Luckily, Babers made the right decision to bring in Devito. Don’t kid yourselves, we haven’t seen the last of Dungey. If Babers plays it right, Dungey can still contribute.

thinking that shuffle shovel hero pass attempt that was first ruled a fumble but overturned was the last straw.
A senior QB who's been a 4-year starter showed poor judgment on that shovel pass. If that was ruled a fumble, game over, NC wins. It was incredibly stupid.

Should have been done the first game of the season.

How about that for a hot take?

If u look at game thread not hindsight
If the team had responded like they did vs. WMU when DeVito came in, we would be having a different conversation.

LOL. He waited WAYYYYYYY to long. Not giving Dino any credit here, love the guy but I'm not. For him to have the balls to come out and say that he is still committed to Dungey too, ridiculous. I get the potential strategy behind it but its time to embrace it, Eric is hurt. There is no question his throwing arm is not what it normally is. Ever since he walked off the field at WMU holding his right arm, he has had next to ZERO arm strength.

Everyone should be excited by Devito's play today.

But the bad we've seen from him has been pretty bad expectations may be too high. Does that pick at the end of the game with a minute and change left give Eric his job back next week if UNC picks up 5 yards and hits the kick? Its pretty likely even with Dungey not himself. I don't think many posters on here want to be reminded of that play but that throw/decision is as bad as it gets.

Senior Dungey prior to the arm injury you referenced vs WMU was just as impressive as Devito. Small sample size but so was todays game. Nothing edgy about the move Dino made it when we had no other choice.

This is a nice time to turn the reigns over. Devito has 3 meaningful appearances 2 good 1 bad under his belt and 5 games left. He gets to play the winnable non blueblood ACC Atlantic teams and ND in a Neutral site. Better than throwing him into a buzzsaw @ Clemson. Dungey might look more like the Dungey of old in a dual QB role. I never clamored for Devito to replace him but I wanted to see him mixed and Dungey to specifically not take every snap so he could run more. We haven't seen Devito play well on the road.

And a dinged up 50% Dungey was a HELL of a lot better than the other QBs on the roster the last 3 years we should all be happy hes gonna be on the sideline in pads and not street clothes next week.

Every coach in America would say the same thing Dino did in his Presser about Dungey-Devito, it’s just coaches talk and not showing your hand to the next opponent

All I gotta say is - last year we had Mahoney in the bullpen. This year we have TD. Night and day improvement. TD will make lots of mistakes (like the throw with 1 min left) - but he's got a legit arm and presence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom