What a day! | Syracusefan.com

What a day!

Timonen

All Conference
Pardon the self-indulgent post, but I’m on cloud nine. I’ve lived in Atlanta for a while now and really don’t have time/reason to get back to Syracuse anymore. My kids (11 and 7) have grown up watching on tv and going to gtech and Clemson when Cuse is there. Today we flew in to give them their first in-person experience (and first real winter experience ). From dinosaur to mannys to campus/snow fun to the dome to Tully’s (met gmac who was doing his show) to wegmans. Even love the little Hilton (Hotel Skyler) where we’re staying that’s a 30 second walk to campus. It was all perfect and they loved every second of it. Pumped for another day of it and capping it off with the game. Who the heck knows how that will go but my faith in the bigger picture was restored a bit today.

Happy for you. Always been thankful for growing up in Syracuse and the four seasons - glad your kids are enjoying it. Hopefully the bigger picture will come thru for us.

Pardon the self-indulgent post, but I’m on cloud nine. I’ve lived in Atlanta for a while now and really don’t have time/reason to get back to Syracuse anymore. My kids (11 and 7) have grown up watching on tv and going to gtech and Clemson when Cuse is there. Today we flew in to give them their first in-person experience (and first real winter experience ). From dinosaur to mannys to campus/snow fun to the dome to Tully’s (met gmac who was doing his show) to wegmans. Even love the little Hilton (Hotel Skyler) where we’re staying that’s a 30 second walk to campus. It was all perfect and they loved every second of it. Pumped for another day of it and capping it off with the game. Who the heck knows how that will go but my faith in the bigger picture was restored a bit today.

Welcome Home! Hope you are able to stay for the game on Saturday!

Awesome story! Glad you and your family are having fun. I’m dating a girl long distance who lives in Atlanta coincidentally. I’ve been down there for a few days each of the last few months. Was down there during the Georgia Tech game and was happy it was played in Syracuse so I didn’t have to see it.

If you have any recommendations of restaurants or bars in Atlanta, let me know. The girl I’m seeing is pretty new to the area so she’s still exploring her way around. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Awesome story! Glad you and your family are having fun. I’m dating a girl long distance who lives in Atlanta coincidentally. I’ve been down there for a few days each of the last few months. Was down there during the Georgia Tech game and was happy it was played in Syracuse so I didn’t have to see it.

If you have any recommendations of restaurants or bars in Atlanta, let me know. The girl I’m seeing is pretty new to the area so she’s still exploring her way around. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Understanding I’m essentially an old man, I’m confident saying you can’t go wrong in the West Midtown area. Bars like Ormsbys, nice restaurants like Marcel and Optimist, casual places like Six Feet Under and Antico pizza (best in town). My favorite places to eat are on Buford. Tons of authentic ethnic,from pho to Mexican to Malaysian. When you get old and start looking at the suburbs, I can tell you all about the Smyrna/Vinings area. We live about a mile from the Braves ballpark.

Understanding I’m essentially an old man, I’m confident saying you can’t go wrong in the West Midtown area. Bars like Ormsbys, nice restaurants like Marcel and Optimist, casual places like Six Feet Under and Antico pizza (best in town). My favorite places to eat are on Buford. Tons of authentic ethnic,from pho to Mexican to Malaysian. When you get old and start looking at the suburbs, I can tell you all about the Smyrna/Vinings area. We live about a mile from the Braves ballpark.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’m closer to 40 than 30 so I’m no spring chicken myself. I’ve been to Antico and it was fantastic. I’ll definitely check out the other places. The area near the ballpark is very nice. I’m more familiar with Buckhead but I like exploring the other neighborhoods as well.

Hotel Skyler is nice. Stayed there last time in SYR. Right off campus and cost a lot less than Sheraton.

Ah, I miss the days of excited, unjaded kids. Enjoy it while you can because it disappears overnight, seemingly.
Have an awesome time!

A friend of mine from high school is the GM of Six Feet Under. Always love visiting that place when i'm back in the A.

Awesome!!!! I’m just boarded a flight to Myrte Beach for a golf trip with HS buddies. So I’ll have to catch LVille and Duke while I’m on the road. Win both and I’ll just stay.

If I could find a job in Syracuse I would move back in a heartbeat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom