What a difference a year makes | Syracusefan.com

What a difference a year makes

SBU72

All Conference
I just watched my recording of SU vs SJU from 2012 and wow what a difference. I had said that it looked like the 2013-14 team made an effort to slow the offense down. The during the game I watched, SU ran ALL the time. And I do mean all the time. During one sequence, Xmas grabbed a rebound, bobble the ball when the SJU player knocked it away, then passed it to just before mid court and the next pass was to Triche who had beaten the defense down court and was under the basket. This year the ball would have gone about level with the foul line then walked up court. Now MCW had a lot of turn overs with this style but they were successful. Ennis and slow down rarely turned the ball over but man it was slow and hard to watch.

Think of the Kansas state game in the tourney. We had 25 at the half but ended up with over 50 points in 2nd half

I just watched my recording of SU vs SJU from 2012 and wow what a difference. I had said that it looked like the 2013-14 team made an effort to slow the offense down. The during the game I watched, SU ran ALL the time. And I do mean all the time. During one sequence, Xmas grabbed a rebound, bobble the ball when the SJU player knocked it away, then passed it to just before mid court and the next pass was to Triche who had beaten the defense down court and was under the basket. This year the ball would have gone about level with the foul line then walked up court. Now MCW had a lot of turn overs with this style but they were successful. Ennis and slow down rarely turned the ball over but man it was slow and hard to watch.

I think Ennis lacked the physical conditioning Triche possessed. Ennis played at one speed. I very much doubt his game will be as successful as MCW's in the NBA. I was hoping to see Ennis do what Waiters did going into his Sophomore year in terms of physical conditioning. But we will never know.

Not pushing the ball was a coaching decision, not Ennis' conditioning. Maybe it was a lack of faith in the bench this year, but for whatever reason JB decided to slow things down this year.

I think Ennis lacked the physical conditioning Triche possessed. Ennis played at one speed. I very much doubt his game will be as successful as MCW's in the NBA. I was hoping to see Ennis do what Waiters did going into his Sophomore year in terms of physical conditioning. But we will never know.

Conditioning? Really? Lol.

Triche was a beast.

I worked with the same trainer that Triche did. His conditioning was absolutely unreal.

Entering his freshman year he had the build of an NFL linebacker. But his senior year he toned down but he was still in amazing condition, and probably one of if not the strongest guard you'll see in an SU uniform.