What a great PS article about Adrian Autry | Syracusefan.com

What a great PS article about Adrian Autry

RF2044

Living Legend
...one of my favorite all-time players. Describes in explicit detail how hard of a worker he is, and what a great attitude he's had from the time he was a little kid. Refreshing, in an era of non-stop shameless self-promotion.

Here's hoping him moving up a rung on the ladder provides recruiting with a shot in the arm:

Adrian Autry's 'no-flash, all-substance' style defines the Syracuse basketball coach

I haven't read it. Already know he is clueless, lazy, and set in his Jurassic ways from reading this board.

...one of my favorite all-time players. Describes in explicit detail how hard of a worker he is, and what a great attitude he's had from the time he was a little kid. Refreshing, in an era of non-stop shameless self-promotion.

Here's hoping him moving up a rung on the ladder provides recruiting with a shot in the arm:

Adrian Autry's 'no-flash, all-substance' style defines the Syracuse basketball coach
Good read. I like Autry a lot. Great guy and hard worker. It's always nice when good things happen to good people and they earn it.

I haven't read it. Already know he is clueless, lazy, and set in his Jurassic ways from reading this board.

I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about Autry.

It's GMac who is catching all of that, from what I've seen. Some have claimed he "can't coach", but when I ask what this is based on they don't answer me. Seems like piling on and bandwagoning at this point. Weird.

Glad to see Autry getting a nice writeup though. Always been a fan of him.

He's one of my favorites as well. I remember his Scholastic Sports America (show on ESPN back in the day that featured HS athletes) that featured him and I was so fired up for him coming to Cuse.

It's GMac who is catching all of that, from what I've seen. Some have claimed he "can't coach", but when I ask what this is based on they don't answer me. Seems like piling on and bandwagoning at this point. Weird.

Neither are lazy IMO.

Man, oh man, do I love seeing people like Adrian Autry flourish. Making his way by showing up, busting his hump, and accomplishing things. An example for every one of us. I'm going to show this to my children tonight.

True to the form described in Donna's excellent article, Coach Autry was calmly-but-cheerfully engaged when I ran across him in Atlanta at the team hotel during our 2013 Final Four run. Couldn't have been nicer. I've rooted for him since his playing days at SU, but I'll be doing that more than ever now.

GO ORANGE! (AND RED!)

Nah, the whole staff is on blast. Like boom goes the dynamite blast.