What a pain getting into the Dome | Syracusefan.com

What a pain getting into the Dome

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
They are body scanning every person entering the building. The lines are backed up to the quad. It takes forever to get in. This is not going to make people want to come back.

They are body scanning every person entering the building. The lines are backed up to the quad. It takes forever to get in. This is not going to make people want to come back.
never gad a problem with paaying clientle

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Wow, ridiculous.

Can these idiots really not see the difference between an SU football game and a free Midnight Madness event?

The kinds of idiots involved in all the BS at Midnight Madness wouldn't be at this game even if it was free! So clueless. What a waste of time.

One of the stupidest things I've seen the dome do. I waited 30 forking minutes to get wanded

One of the stupidest things I've seen the dome do. I waited 30 forking minutes to get wanded

How long did the "wanding" last?

It was stupid but I just cut the line and waited 2 minutes.

Selective wanding too, idiotic.

I believe that there was serious concern that a board member would take a shot at P and D. Flashbacks flashbacks ...

Did you know ...

if you have a NYS "Enhanced" Drivers License, it will set off the metal detectors.

Wand away I say, those detectors have a certain affect on our opponents it seems...wand away ! LOL.

Heard from a buddy who's SPD - he was working the UConn game tonight & midnight madness. He told me cops advised SU that dropping off 600 tix to Midnight Madness at the Southwest community center wasn't the best way to promote the event.

Get there early enough it's not a problem what so ever. Maybe some fans thought they were going to get checked when they left because there was a mass exodus in the middle of the 4th quarter.

Seems to me that some people on this very board swore that the wanding at the Dalai Lama concert didn't cause any delays and should be instituted for all Dome events.

Don't mind it if it is efficient. You cannot have one person at each gate. You need 2 or more people to keep things at a decent pace.

Don't mind it if it is efficient. You cannot have one person at each gate. You need 2 or more people to keep things at a decent pace.
^^^^THIS
The wanding itself takes 2 seconds it isn't a hassle. But you HAVE to have 2 wanders at each gate. The line outside the gate was 500 yards long. Crazy

Line at the gate closest to the Quad was indeed long... that's why I walked to another gate. Zero people in line, one guy with a wand, he didn't bother using it, just checked my lady's purse and in we went. I think people sometimes forget that there are 14 entrance gates at the Carrier Dome and you're allowed to use ANY of them (not just the recommended one printed on your ticket).

Line at the gate closest to the Quad was indeed long... that's why I walked to another gate. Zero people in line, one guy with a wand, he didn't bother using it, just checked my lady's purse and in we went. I think people sometimes forget that there are 14 entrance gates at the Carrier Dome and you're allowed to use ANY of them (not just the recommended one printed on your ticket).
You got lucky. 10 of the 14 gates had lines that were nuts

You got lucky. 10 of the 14 gates had lines that were nuts

Maybe. I went to this game, the Pitt game, the Dalai Lama concert, & Midnight Madness and pretty much just walked into all four. I have the best luck with the underground gates. I think some people don't realize they're there. Whoops, I might have just ruined the secret. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom