What a pain getting into the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What a pain getting into the Dome

Maybe. I went to this game, the Pitt game, the Dalai Lama concert, & Midnight Madness and pretty much just walked into all four. I have the best luck with the underground gates. I think some people don't realize they're there. Whoops, I might have just ruined the secret. :)
^This. I am amazed whenever I go to games that people stand in line "up top" when you can go down a flight of stairs 20 feet away and walk right in.

^This. I am amazed whenever I go to games that people stand in line "up top" when you can go down a flight of stairs 20 feet away and walk right in.
Lol. Those people sit upstairs at the dome. That's why they use those gates. If they go downstairs then once in the dome they have to go back upstairs.

I didn't mind getting wanded, but I felt a little uncomfortable when the guy had both hands firmly on my shoulders. And I thought 5 minutes for my wanding was a little long, especially since I had dropped my pants to show him I didn't have any weapons. I was concerned when he told me I had to come back at halftime for a follow-up, but the joke was on him because I didn't go back!

Lol. Those people sit upstairs at the dome. That's why they use those gates. If they go downstairs then once in the dome they have to go back upstairs.
They are like the people that wait 5 minutes to get a close parking spot at the mall when they can park one section over and be inside before they even get a spot.

Walking upstairs once I'm already in the Dome takes a minute. Waiting in line 20 extra minutes just to save me that 1 minute seems crazy. I guess if I was older and had bad knees, trouble with stairs, or something like that. I suppose some people could actually prefer waiting to walking up/down a flight of stairs. Seems nuts for an able-bodied person though.

You got lucky. 10 of the 14 gates had lines that were nuts

Gate C had 3 people. Lines were about 20 deep but it only took 3-4 mins to get in. That was right at 740.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bills games actually do it right. No wand. Each gate has various Men's lines and a Woman's lines. Raise you're hands and you get patted down by secruity. Takes like 5 seconds a person and it moves very quickly. IF SU plans on doing this security thing full time going forward, they really should take a trip to a Bills football game and see how to do it correctly!!

Bills games actually do it right. No wand. Each gate has various Men's lines and a Woman's lines. Raise you're hands and you get patted down by secruity. Takes like 5 seconds a person and it moves very quickly. IF SU plans on doing this security thing full time going forward, they really should take a trip to a Bills football game and see how to do it correctly!!

The wanding took about 5 secs too.

The wanding took about 5 secs too.

Yeah but not having multiple lines at each gate and not having it divided by men and woman slowed everything down. It's not so much about the wand vs patting down. It's about the organization and execution of it

I can't find the report of the number of knives and guns they confiscated with the wanding. Is that online yet?

People will have to trade in their metal flasks for plastic ones.

I went in Gate J about 10-15 minutes before kick off. Wasn't wanded. Didn't see a wand. Took me all of maybe 2 minutes to get in.

I was at the Ralph yesterday and they no longer do the pat-downs. They have wands there now too.

No pat-downs, no tackling...just walk right in the endzone. sigh...

Between SU football and the Bills, I have had the pleasure of enjoying over a decade of mediocre to mind-numbingly terrible football. Sometimes I question why I still even follow the sport. :bang:

I can't find the report of the number of knives and guns they confiscated with the wanding. Is that online yet?

There was also a Wiz Khalifa concert downtown this week (much bigger name than Wale), and apparently nobody was brutally murdered at that either. I think it's safe to say everybody overreacted to this, or at the very least learned the wrong lessons.

There was also a Wiz Khalifa concert downtown this week (much bigger name than Wale), and apparently nobody was brutally murdered at that either. I think it's safe to say everybody overreacted to this, or at the very least learned the wrong lessons.

There is no overreacting when you have a large number of young kids there and there are numerous fights, one brawl and a stabbing. Wand away.

There is no overreacting when you have a large number of young kids there and there are numerous fights, one brawl and a stabbing. Wand away.

I was referring to the notion favored by many that the presence of a rapper was the impetus for the violence, despite a long history of violence free rap events on and off campus, including a major concert just a few days ago. I didn't even get wanded, and the few in my party that did said it only took a couple seconds, so I really have no strong feelings on that one way or the other. The lesson that should have been learned is that the price of admission (or lack thereof) has a greater impact on the potential for violence than does the choice of musical act or the type of sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom