What a Surprise: ACC and Notre Dame closing in on '14-'16 Football Scheduling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What a Surprise: ACC and Notre Dame closing in on '14-'16 Football Scheduling

I'm a firm believer that Swofford's ND coup really dealt a blow to Delany's ultimate master plan, and that as the days pass and the ACC / ND marriage gets closer to consummation with football it is killing him. So he got MD as a consolation prize. Whoop dee doo. He wanted to trigger an ACC collapse by taking MD, but it never happened. Instead, the ACC got stronger. The C7 breaking up the BE also had the opposite effect. It brought the ACC and ND much closer much faster than anticipated. In a way, FoxSports messed Delany by grabbing the C7. He now has zero chance of ever changing ND's mind and has virtually no shot at breaking up the ACC. He can sit back and enjoy watching MD and Rutgers feed off the bottom of the fish tank. I still don't see either one adding the value to the BiG that he thinks they will.

Now it's the Big 12 that is vulnerable and has to watch it's back. I wonder how the WVU Dude feels about that...and Oklahoma's imminent move to the BiG?

Snap shot of those schools.

L'ville and SU, two best teams in the BEFC at the end of the season, two of only five programs to bring in over $20M in revenue in both football and basketball, and two of the best hoops programs in the country. On top of that the ACC gets one of, if not the, best lax programs in history of the sport, which just happens to be the fast growing team sport and in a position to dominate the spring.

Rutgers and Maryland, to debt laden welfare taking deadbeats that don't come close to paying their own way and other than a moment here or there haven't been consistenly good in either sport for years.