Class of 2015 - What about Bryant??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 What about Bryant???

I agree but I also think he's got an awfully good chance to see meaningful minutes this year. The rest of our backcourt consists of a freshman PG, an experienced but so far inconsistent SG, and a converted SF. Granted, that's basically the same as last year, but I don't think we can expect (or want) to have another freshman point playing 36 minutes a game, and we dodged a bullet that none of them missed any time last year. Buss has a year in the system under his belt now. I really hope he gets a shot.

I would love to see him turn into a 10-15 min/game, change of pace+defensive intensity+decent 3pt shooter type of player this year. I really think he has the capability of playing that role for the next two years, with a chance for something more as a senior. It could set him up for a nice international career, after SU. From everything I have seen, he loves it at SU. I am rooting for him to succeed!

Correct, a RS counts as a schollie.
It would count if he is redshirted a year, but if it is not possible for him to play in the future for medical reasons, he would no longer be counted as a basketball scholie. I think they would shift him out of basketball, but he would be retained on non athletic scholie. I have no knowledge of his status just mentioning a possible scenario.

good update on TOS. His interest level has been updated on his player profile page.

FWIW - since Fulford was hired at MIZZOU they have become a MAJOR player in Bryant's recruitment.

I think it bodes well for us that he wants to wait until spring to decide, that way we will know if there are any open schollies for him.
Yup, and even if he wanted to commit before that he could always sign financial aid papers first instead of a LOI. Where he'll still have the flexibility to not be tied to the school if a ship doesn't open up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom