What are the most quotable movies? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are the most quotable movies?

I know Woody Allen is not everyone's favorite, but Annie Hall.

A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.

Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college.

Did you see this on The Ringer? Green Screen: The Oral History of ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’

Worth a read. During the days of 'Rona it's a lifesaver.

Thanks! Can’t wait to read this. I still remember going to watch this and it was sold out. The next time when we went back, we got in. Still remember waiting in those lines. And I remember that opening shot of NYC - my heart was RACING as the movie started. I couldn’t have possibly been more excited for something than I was for that movie.

Thanks! Can’t wait to read this. I still remember going to watch this and it was sold out. The next time when we went back, we got in. Still remember waiting in those lines. And I remember that opening shot of NYC - my heart was RACING as the movie started. I couldn’t have possibly been more excited for something than I was for that movie.
Yeah, we didn't see many movies as a kid. It was a big deal when we went. Somehow we talked my aunt into taking me and my sister. It was awesome.

Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Superbad
Step Brothers

I also was gonna say caddyshack. It depends on your flavor.
For me it’s that and also stripes, Star Wars (all), full metal jacket, vacation movies...
I immediately thought of Stripes as well.

Can't believe this one wasn't mentioned yet.

Diehard.

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs.

Thought of this when I was posting about the pastor in VA dying of Covid. My sick mind went to "gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess" but with pastors instead.

I don’t personally quote Tommy Boy much but I’m really surprised nobody's mentioned it, as I hear it quoted quite often. I work with a guy who, whenever he’s proven wrong/educated & realizes it, jokingly responds “shut up, Richard”. Actually, he’s my boss lol

Speaking of which, RIP Brian Dennehy.

1A0CA123-608A-4F66-97C9-2D4CEF5CFEDB.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors