What are the options for RVing at SU? | Syracusefan.com

What are the options for RVing at SU?

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
Recently bought an RV. Is there a designated lot for RVers to arrive the night before and tailgate day of football games?
I remember from ancient history that the Manley lot would host them before the Penn State games.
Maybe there's a lot at Skytop for that?
Thanks for any advice you may have.

Recently bought an RV. Is there a designated lot for RVers to arrive the night before and tailgate day of football games?
I remember from ancient history that the Manley lot would host them before the Penn State games.
Maybe there's a lot at Skytop for that?
Thanks for any advice you may have.
I believe RVs are limited to Skytop only. $40 per game as of 2018.

Thanks! Good deal if the $40 buys you 24 hours.

I don’t believe you can come the night before, day of only
With those Friday night games I'd love to be able to sleep the night and then drive home the next day. Otherwise, what's an RV for?

With those Friday night games I'd love to be able to sleep the night and then drive home the next day. Otherwise, what's an RV for?

i don’t disagree, I looked into it once because if they allowed it I was going to buy an RV

might want to shoot a message to the university, they may have changed policies

I do know the school was caught a tad unprepared when LSU RV's started rolling in on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I do know the school was caught a tad unprepared when LSU RV's started rolling in on Tuesday and Wednesday.
I made a suggestion to SU about 6 years ago to build 10 RV slots with electricity and a dump tank. I told them put it up by Skytop. Not only tailgaters but visiting parents and staff members would use it.

I made a suggestion to SU about 6 years ago to build 10 RV slots with electricity and a dump tank. I told them put it up by Skytop. Not only tailgaters but visiting parents and staff members would use it.
I would do that in a heartbeat

Better chance of JB signing a 10 year extension then that ever happening.

Better chance of JB signing a 10 year extension then that ever happening.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Got some clarification today. The SU parking office said that RV's are welcome to stay overnight at Skytop for $40, but there are no water, electric or sewer hookups. Rest rooms are available, though.
That's good enough for me!

Got some clarification today. The SU parking office said that RV's are welcome to stay overnight at Skytop for $40, but there are no water, electric or sewer hookups. Rest rooms are available, though.
That's good enough for me!
Hmmm. How many places are available ?

Hmmm. How many places are available ?
She just said there's an area for them. I imagine it's very roomy for the average games and a little crowded when the schools with big fan bases come to town.

She just said there's an area for them. I imagine it's very roomy for the average games and a little crowded when the schools with big fan bases come to town.
I don’t have an RV. Campers allowed? Guess I should call and ask

Arrived friday evening for the Rutgers game. Ate dinner at Danzers and got to Skytop about dark. Saw no RV lot so I called SU security, who told me to park in the gravel lot. In the morning other RVs started pulling in. Some parked in the gravel lot and some by the office building, which I think is supposed to be the RV lot. When I went to the gate I told them I had parked overnight. I asked how much I should pay they said, " thanks, you're good." I wasn't going to disagree!

Arrived friday evening for the Rutgers game. Ate dinner at Danzers and got to Skytop about dark. Saw no RV lot so I called SU security, who told me to park in the gravel lot. In the morning other RVs started pulling in. Some parked in the gravel lot and some by the office building, which I think is supposed to be the RV lot. When I went to the gate I told them I had parked overnight. I asked how much I should pay they said, " thanks, you're good." I wasn't going to disagree!

Good to know for future years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom