What are your expectations for next year's team? | Syracusefan.com

What are your expectations for next year's team?

Arangeman

All Conference
Curious as to what fans will accept as the minimum and what the realistic expectations for next year's team are?

2013-14 esque. No 25 game winning streak but better results in ACC tourney/NCAA tourney, plus better offense than that group hopefully.

Minimum: Top 5 in ACC, ranked most of year, legitimately in convo for a team that could win it.

If we get stung in tourney it would suck but I wouldn't be devastated if we meet that criteria. Ok I will be devastated regardless but you know what I mean.

All you optimists have set a high bar for next year. I will cautiously join you.

7-5 with another big win. Maybe FSU at home. #paydino

Oh, and I think Buddy B. will surprise some on the upside.

I'm not even sure what to expect, I'll give this a shot in a month or two.

jU9R6r.gif

2013-14 esque. No 25 game winning streak but better results in ACC tourney/NCAA tourney, plus better offense than that group hopefully.

I expect next year's team to be better than that 13-14 team, which was more lucky than good (at least for the first 25 games).

I expect next year's team to be the best since 12-13 and probably better than that squad (which I think is somewhat underrated - when they were playing well, it was a very good team).

This should be a very good team. Like others, I assume Battle is gone but Brissett returns. Lose Brissett and I think it's a team that's solidly in the NCAA tournament but closer to a 10 seed than a top-4 seed.

7-5 with another big win. Maybe FSU at home. #paydino

Oh, and I think Buddy B. will surprise some on the upside.

Buddy can play. He's gonna get rag dolled first year in the ACC but he can do more than shoot it.

More transition on offense...less pound the ball for 30 seconds.

Off the bubble come March.

I’ll say a little better than this year, solid tournament team. We need to find some offense

I expect next year's team to be better than that 13-14 team, which was more lucky than good (at least for the first 25 games).

I expect next year's team to be the best since 12-13 and probably better than that squad (which I think is somewhat underrated - when they were playing well, it was a very good team).

This should be a very good team. Like others, I assume Battle is gone but Brissett returns. Lose Brissett and I think it's a team that's solidly in the NCAA tournament but closer to a 10 seed than a top-4 seed.

If we are close to a 10 seed next year I don’t care who the players are, JB will need to retire.

I want a marquee out of conference game like Kansas early in the year. Let the hoop world know right away that we are back and are serious. I expect top 4 in the Acc. I expect top 15 every week after January 1. I expect the second weekend of the NCAA tournament. I expect us to be Syracuse. And one last thing, this isn't about playing zone. Or what type of offense we run. Those are games we play with each other. This is about recruiting players that can play. Bazley better be only the start and not some fluke. Which I fear he is. We need to recruit pt guards who can handle and make plays. 3's that aren't just long but can shoot it. And keep recruiting 2's despite B Boeheim being on the squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom