What are your expectations for next year's team? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are your expectations for next year's team?

If we are close to a 10 seed next year I don’t care who the players are, JB will need to retire.

He’s not going to, obviously.

A Brissett-less team next year is going to struggle. Howard will again be the second option (maybe even the first), a role that he’s not quite suited to. There will be no battle. It is hard to pencil freshman bazely as being more effective than freshman Brissett was this year. Everyone is forced to do a little more than their talents really allow.

On the other hand, a team with Brissett looks very good - I think people are understandably trying to temper expectations given the last few years but the pieces will fit together very well next year. With Brissett you’ve got five guys out there who are legit offensive threats (bazely, Brissett, sidibe, Howard, Carey/Hughes), and everyone is slotted to basically the role they are suited to.

He’s not going to, obviously.

A Brissett-less team next year is going to struggle. Howard will again be the second option (maybe even the first), a role that he’s not quite suited to. There will be no battle. It is hard to pencil freshman bazely as being more effective than freshman Brissett was this year. Everyone is forced to do a little more than their talents really allow.

On the other hand, a team with Brissett looks very good - I think people are understandably trying to temper expectations given the last few years but the pieces will fit together very well next year. With Brissett you’ve got five guys out there who are legit offensive threats (bazely, Brissett, sidibe, Howard, Carey/Hughes), and everyone is slotted to basically the role they are suited to.

If Brissett isn’t here Moyer and Marek need to be good enough. Develop guys on our roster for once. Like Virginia and Villanova do. No excuses.

If Brissett isn’t here Moyer and Marek need to be good enough. Develop guys on our roster for once. Like Virginia and Villanova do. No excuses.

I think we’re talking past each other here. I’m not making excuses (whether or not any need to be made). I’m just saying, objectively, this is what I expect from next years team with and without oshae.

I like dolezaj. He’ll be a legit acc player next year and it’s certainly possible to imagine him developing into something more than that. But given what we know of him with the benefit of a season there is no way to expect him to be a guy who can carry a significant offensive load as a sophomore. Moyer is further behind and probably maxes out as a backend starter in the acc. Brissett could be first team all acc next year. That’s a massive difference.

Christmas, Warrick, MCW, Josh Pace, AO, Rick Jackson, Andy Rautins, Scoop Jardine, etc., ,all say...:confused:

You realize it’s been four years next year since one of those guys be played here?

I expect 25 wins and a top 4 finish regardless of who’s on the roster. I’m sick of Boeheims excuses.

Last edited:
A 25-7 record and a trip to the Sweet 16 is the absolute FLOOR for me. Anything less and I'm thoroughly disappointed and angry.

No more excuses.

A 25-7 record and a trip to the Sweet 16 is the absolute FLOOR for me. Anything less and I'm thoroughly disappointed and angry.

No more excuses.
You can't get any more disappointed and angry than you are now. I refuse to believe that is possible.

You can't get any more disappointed and angry than you are now. I refuse to believe that is possible.

Haha. I will be if we miss the tournament next year with the class we have coming in. I won't be the only one if that happens.

Top 4 seed.
Challenge for ACC title.
Final four Contender
Top 15 team

I expect this no matter who the players are. No more excuses Jim Boeheim.

Is that an ultimatum?

What happens if your demands aren’t met.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom