What do we actually know? My head hurts... | Syracusefan.com

What do we actually know? My head hurts...

SanDiegoCuse

Starter
What amongst the following is true/false:

Coach Marrone is interviewing with the Bills at some point this week and did interview with the Browns earlier today.

Coach has become frustrated at SU because certain upgrades/financial considerations that may or may not have not been promised, have not come to fruition.

Coach has found this position and lack of support to be completely unlike what he envisioned when he took over the program.

Our AD looks like he will be gone within a year and has had barely anything to say on the current situation. Since football steers the ship you'd think he'd want to be more reassuring as to what's happening.

An upgrade in salary for our HC and assistants is a point of contention.

Our most important recruit was told by Hackett that Marrone to the NFL is just rumors.

Is there anything I missed that we ACTUALLY know?

What do we ACTUALLY know?

Well, I saved a lot of money by switching my car insurance. So there's that.

What do we ACTUALLY know?

Well, I saved a lot of money by switching my car insurance. So there's that.

Haha. That's what I figured. Thank you. Everyone it seems needs to back away from the ledge.

I think that is precisely all we know to be fact at this point.

I think what is so upsetting is that we are passionate about the success of this program. We see ourselves as one of the top 15 winningest programs of all time and a perennial fringe top 25 team that should compete for a conference championship every few years. What we are hearing is we have a university that either will not or cannot provide the resources to maintain our programs ascent back to where we think it should be.

We have a very good coach, who is making major strides for us. He seems very fair and reasonable. It seems like our university should be able to appease this coach if we are ever going to get back to where we think we should be.

What we think we know might not even be close to what's actually going on. Every other story is from some 'inside' source that has a rumor of their own.

What amongst the following is true/false:

Coach Marrone is interviewing with the Bills at some point this week and did interview with the Browns earlier today.

According to some: Coach has become frustrated at SU because certain upgrades/financial considerations that may or may not have not been promised, have not come to fruition. According to others, including 2 well connected posters, money is not an issue. According to others, there may be other motivations at play.

According to some: Coach has found this position and lack of support to be completely (somewhat) unlike what he envisioned when he took over the program. According to others, there may be other motivations at play, give all the praise DM has been receiving after the bowl win and wins against Big East teams in the later part of the season.

According to some: Our AD looks like he will be gone within a year and has had barely anything to say on the current situation. Since football steers the ship you'd think he'd want to be more reassuring as to what's happening. According to others, an interesting, possibly complex situation is in process and the SU AD is performing his tasks as a true professional.

According to some: An upgrade in salary for our HC and assistants is a point of contention. According to others, including 2 well connected posters, money is not an issue. According to others, there may be other motivations at play.

According to someone: Our most important recruit was told by Hackett that Marrone to the NFL is just rumors.

Is there anything I missed that we ACTUALLY know?

SU is a great school, has strong leadership, an excellent AD and coach and an interesting, complex process is happening: and certain posters apparently haven't learned that what is posted on an internet fan site may be true or may be partly true or may be misinformed or may be completely wrong.

Fixed

What we know is that taxes increased and our incomes did not...

And that Doug Marrone will be coaching the Syracuse Orange, WILLINGLY, next season.

Count it!

SU is a great school, has strong leadership, an excellent AD and coach and an interesting, complex process is happening: and certain posters apparently haven't learned that what is posted on an internet fan site may be true or may be partly true or may be misinformed or may be completely wrong.

Fixed

Thanks. I've read so much during the last few days that your answers are much appreciated. And obviously things posted on here may or may not be true. Thanks for that.

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Things will never be quite the same.
That is all I know for sure.

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Things will never be quite the same.

I've used this line myself & like it, but don't it make you wonder how the toothpaste got in the tube in the first place if you can't put it back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it was all about leverage, in which case we'll all be excited that Marrone cares about SU enough to force them to act.

Thanks. I've read so much during the last few days that your answers are much appreciated. And obviously things posted on here may or may not be true. Thanks for that.

Really???? I thought everything posted here was gospel! You're kidding, right?

I think we know that some posters fear another Greg Robinson hire is imminent, while other posters have visions of Jake Crouthamel being offered a return engagement by a Board of Trustees that pines for the Ivy League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom