What do we have to do to get MSG???? | Syracusefan.com

What do we have to do to get MSG????

gilardino

Starter
Obviously win, I know.

Last year Indiaina was the front runner to get the 1 seed in Indy, however Louisville snagged that up. The Hooisers were the 1 seed, however they went to DC.

Getting MSG is critical. I truly believe we are fighting off duke. UNC will be good, however they will have too many What losses.

WE need to avoid any upsets, need to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Beat Duke and go farther than DUKE in the ACC tourney.

GETTING MSG WILL BE CRITICAL, CRITICAL

Lose no more than 3. None at home. And none to anyone who's rpi is worse than 35

Ideally we win the ACC tourney. If not Duke needs to lose as well.

From Grand Central Terminal, take the #7 train (or the Shuttle) to Times Square. Then take the #1, 2, or 3 train south to 34th Street. Very easy trip to MSG.

Last edited:
win acc regular season

I agree. If Syracuse wins the regular season ACC championship, I find it hard to imagine a scenario where they would not get seeded in Buffalo and NYC. They were clearly better than any other school in the ACC in the OOC portion of the schedule and I don't see anyone from the ACCCKKKK or the New Big East being capable of getting seeded higher (Nova just about blew their chance on Saturday).

Ohio State could conceivably pass SU with a great conference season in the B1G. The other contenders for the 2nd pod position in the East regional are, I think, UNC and Duke, and if SU beats them in conference play too, there is no way they will get the nod over Syracuse.

cto said:
From Grand Central Terminal, take take the #7 train (or the Shuttle) to Times Square. Then take the #1, 2, or 3 train south to 34th Street. Very easy trip.

Might be easier to walk from the shuttle. Plus most of us will have to stop at stubhub for the elite 8.

"What do we have to do to get MSG????" Order Chinese that doesnt proudly proclaim otherwise, or eat the majority of processed foods and not know the 40+ hidden names for it.

Reactions: cto
Split with Duke.
Make sure they don't play longer than us in the ACC tourney.

Obviously win, I know.

Last year Indiaina was the front runner to get the 1 seed in Indy, however Louisville snagged that up. The Hooisers were the 1 seed, however they went to DC.

Getting MSG is critical. I truly believe we are fighting off duke. UNC will be good, however they will have too many What losses.

WE need to avoid any upsets, need to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Beat Duke and go farther than DUKE in the ACC tourney.

GETTING MSG WILL BE CRITICAL, CRITICAL

Not worry about it (especially even before league play has started), concentrate on the game at hand and see what happens when the season ends. If were are as good as we have been playing (not totally convinced yet), we will be fine wherever they place us.

I would guess that one thing is certain in any scenario...we will see a lot of BE teams in our bracket.

Have to stay ahead of Duke on the s-curve

If we lose both games to Duke, I'm not sure we can get MSG unless we don't lose any others. Even a split could go in Duke's favor if they get the Regular and ACC Tourney titles.

So yeah, stay ahead of Duke. Unless we hit a real swoon, which is hard to envision with this team and the schedule ahead, I'm not sure how else we could lose out on MSG. We'll be ahead of Nova and UConn if that means anything.

And no matter what happens, assuming the Hoyas make the Tourney, I'm sure we'll see them in our bracket. If they are an 8/9, it's almost a given, or a 7/10 if we slip a bit to a 2. UConn will likely sit on the other side of our regional bracket, too.

Win league title and split with Duke. That gets you msg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom