what do we need to play like to have a record of x? | Syracusefan.com

what do we need to play like to have a record of x?

Millhouse

Living Legend
We're 81st in SRS

If we played the rest of the way like the 34th team and the better SRS team wins, we'd be 19-11
35th to 44, 18-12
45th to 55th, 17-13
55th to 59th, 16-14
60th to 79th, 15-15

It's not over

K
We're 81st in SRS

If we played the rest of the way like the 34th team and the better SRS team wins, we'd be 19-11
35th to 44, 18-12
45th to 55th, 17-13
55th to 59th, 16-14
60th to 79th, 15-15

It's not over
It’s the GA Tech game scrapped at this point?
Should we assume it’s a 30 game season?!

just have a 2-3 games where we dont miss Fts and thats a different season., how do you have 3 guys who can shoot 90% and lose games on FTs

just have a 2-3 games where we dont miss Fts and thats a different season., how do you have 3 guys who can shoot 90% and lose games on FTs
Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

Our Guards rebounding 2-3 extra per game. Free throws are great but those balls getting corralled into our hands instead of becoming an offensive rebound is the key. My opinion. Go CUSE

I know it's water under the bridge at this point but ughhhhhhh if we just can hold on to an 18 point lead against Miami and make one freaking inbounds pass against Wake, we are 10-6 (4-1) and on reasonably solid ground.

I think we get to 17 or 18.

The schedule is arguably similar to 2019-2020. That season we had 8 games against what I would consider weaker opponents out of the first 16 games. Also only 4 of those were away from the Dome.

This year we have had 6 to 8 depending on classifying some of the teams we played. Of the first 16 this year we have also played 8 games away from home.

In 19-20 we stood at 9-7 at this point where we are 8-8 at this point today. It's hard to directly compare every opponent but based upon the amount of games outside the Dome and then the Colgate loss I think the two seasons are pretty close overall with a slight edge this year due to quality of wins but still its very close.

If things stay on the same path we probably are looking around 17-15 or worse. Not sure better is in the cards unless this team starts playing better like 19-20 did at the very end.

I don’t see us getting to .500. I know that almost seems impossible. But I just don’t see the path with the schedule. Pitt is AWFUL and they hung for 25 min

Need a few fluke wins to offset the Miami giveaway and the Colgate debacle. Hopefully FSU is a win as a sweep there may be our best resume builder.

I know it's water under the bridge at this point but ughhhhhhh if we just can hold on to an 18 point lead against Miami and make one freaking inbounds pass against Wake, we are 10-6 (4-1) and on reasonably solid ground.
This is why I can’t give up on this team yet. They remind me of that Notre Dame squad from a few years ago that struggled but lost a record number of close games. We don’t have great talent this year (as it’s been most of the past 7 years), but we can win games in the ACC if we can improve our defense just a little. Having a great defensive guy like Braswell, who was also a good shooter, on the wing would have made a huge difference to this team. Not to mention KR, of course.

JB doubled down in the presser and said we have an entire new front line and that’s why we’ve struggled.

Everyone has a new team every year in this era JB.

His son (4th year in college) and Jesse who is a Jr, plus a 4th year player in Swider. If you don't want new front lines, quit running kids off and giving them reason to transfer. Benny is the only new player to the college game and he plays about 4 minutes a game it seems. I am so sick of his excuses.

JB doubled down in the presser and said we have an entire new front line and that’s why we’ve struggled.

Everyone has a new team every year in this era JB.

Buddy and Jimmy have the highest usage rate. Buddy and Jimmy take the most shots per game. Buddy has a higher assist rate than Joe in conference. Buddy is scripted to dominate the ball on offense.

JB can say what he wants, but this team is doubling down on going as the Boeheims go.

That's what will dictate wins or not. Everything else is on the margins.

We're 81st in SRS

35th to 44, 18-12
45th to 55th, 17-13
55th to 59th, 16-14
60th to 79th, 15-15

It's not over
It’s over. And it’s been over for a number of years, outside of a couple really good matchups in the tournament as a low seed.

Unless one of the 17 wins is Duke or UNC, we have few quality wins and some horrific losses. Our resume is crap. It’s over.

can we have an NIL deal with referees? That might help

It’s over. And it’s been over for a number of years, outside of a couple really good matchups in the tournament as a low seed.

Unless one of the 17 wins is Duke or UNC, we have few quality wins and some horrific losses. Our resume is crap. It’s over.
Making the tournament is what I meant. Over except for big games where we match up well in win is not over

We’ve got no athletes and can’t stop anybody with a pulse.

Unless we get extremely lucky and a lot of teams have off shooting days against us, or suddenly just go on an absolute offensive tear with Buddy, Joe, and Swider consistently shooting the lights out, our guys learning how to handle pressure D, and playing with a ton of offensive chemistry….it’s hard to see much better than .500 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom