What do you believe is the best basketball game ever played at the Dome? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What do you believe is the best basketball game ever played at the Dome?

How did Jeremy McNeil make those FT's!?!?!? I'll never know, that was also the reason it was great.

By the way the Leo Rautins 3 OT tip in win was March of '81 not '80 -- FWIW.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/10/throwback_thursday_syracuse_as.html

Dammit this is why you read through a thread before posting. But yea, Donyell Marshall and Moten both had 30.

Ha I was truing to google the box because I remembered Red having crazy passes and I find a #tbt article from 2013 about that game. It was close until after the under 4 TV time out. A great back and forth high flying big shot after big shot game and then Syracuse scored every time and UConn missed. They only scored 7 after that time out while the Orangemen netted 18. This is my vote for some of the best basketball I have seen in the carrier dome.

Pitt '03 and Notre Dame '03 were exciting well played games but I just recall that for the whole game, it was just great play after great play.

So googling it again I find this

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/most-fun-you-have-had-watching-a-uconn-loss.33063/

The fact that this thread exists at the Boneyard is evidence that this game should fit in the list.

The Boneyard post is funny, because one of the first things that comes to my mind about that game is Brian Fair. He was hitting everything.

But Wallace and Autry were even better.

Unlike so many of today's games, that 1994 game involved plays being made to win (rather than shots being missed and turnovers being made). Real basketball.

Good one! The Kentucky win at the Dome from that season was great too. But that UConn game was awesome. The 93-94 SU team is one of my favorites. Very good team and really fun to watch. The Senior version of Autry, Moten, and Wallace...that's 3 big time players with talent who knew how to play the game.

That was one of my very favorite teams, perhaps because the post-probation ceiling felt a little lower, but those guys played hard and overachieved.