What does Rutgers bring to the ACC table? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What does Rutgers bring to the ACC table?

I do agree that the ACC brought us in for the NY market, but if bringing in Rutgers guarantees more, then why deny them.
Because anything that makes them better hurts us.

I greatly respect your opinion but to add Rutgers would totally shut out the BIG 10 to the NY market.
You may be the first person ever to type those words. ;)

What is wrong with respecting a team that we compete against? I respect Rutgers, they have every right to think they are better then us. As do we have every right to believe we are better then them. And I say again, this merge is a money grab. Let's bring our biggest football rival( in my opinion) with us. Rutgers being relevant and Syracuse being relevant only leads to more profit for both programs. I'm sorry if I am looking at this strictly through a money stand point. I still respect your opinion. You have brought up valid points. I just hope you can respect mine.

What is wrong with respecting a team that we compete against? I respect Rutgers, they have every right to think they are better then us. As do we have every right to believe we are better then them. And I say again, this merge is a money grab. Let's bring our biggest football rival( in my opinion) with us. Rutgers being relevant and Syracuse being relevant only leads to more profit for both profits. I'm sorry if I am looking at this strictly through a money stand point. I still respect your opinion. You have brought up valid points. I just hope you can respect mine.

Rutgers is our biggest rival? That is nowhere near true. I repeat, anything that helps Rutgers hurts us. Period. We compete for the same recruits. If we are in the better conference, we have the advantage. If you feel you want to help them, fine. Makes no sense to me. :bang:

Quality football? Nope.

Quality men's basketball? Not quite.

NYC TV market? Yeah, right.

Top-notch academics? Not really.

Quality women's basketball? 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

Everyone's dream Homecoming opponent

Dude look at their schedules that is HOW TO FOR DUMMIES GET BOWL ELIGIBLE book. They are a decent program, but I don't think they get into the ACC unless there are no other options.

Yes, I would think they are on the B list, or possibly the C list. However, their ability to get to bowls means more money to the conference. Not everyone follows them as closely as we do, so some people actually think they have a good program.

What is wrong with respecting a team that we compete against? I respect Rutgers, they have every right to think they are better then us. As do we have every right to believe we are better then them. And I say again, this merge is a money grab. Let's bring our biggest football rival( in my opinion) with us. Rutgers being relevant and Syracuse being relevant only leads to more profit for both programs. I'm sorry if I am looking at this strictly through a money stand point. I still respect your opinion. You have brought up valid points. I just hope you can respect mine.

What exactly do you respect? The conference titles? The big OOC victories? Do you happen to be a Rutgers fan? You sound ridiculous.

And if you think they are our biggest football rival, I don't know what to tell you.

DSCN0196-225x156.jpg

Thius ^^^^^^

What exactly do you respect? The conference titles? The big OOC victories? Do you happen to be a Rutgers fan? You sound ridiculous.

And if you think they are our biggest football rival, I don't know what to tell you.
No!!! I am not a Rutgers fan. Never have never will. Born and raised in Tully NY. first college game I ever witnessed was at ND because my brother had the privilege to go there. I have loved both more then I love to breath. To question me about my loyality is insulting. I have only argued the fact that bringing both to the ACC is a win/ win for both schools. And yes I do respect Rutgers, why wouldn't I? My most hated enemy should deserve my utmost respect.

No!!! I am not a Rutgers fan. Never have never will. Born and raised in Tully NY. first college game I ever witnessed was at ND because my brother had the privilege to go there. I have loved both more then I love to breath. To question me about my loyality is insulting. I have only argued the fact that bringing both to the ACC is a win/ win for both schools. And yes I do respect Rutgers, why wouldn't I? My most hated enemy should deserve my utmost respect.

Your most hated enemy? Ok, I'll assume you are under 16. accept my apology if that is the case. But do a little bit of research on the Rutgers-SU rivalry anyway and see that there isn't one. We own that school -- at everything.

anything that helps Rutgers hurts us. Period. We compete for the same recruits.
This^^^^^Best case for us is they're left out.PLEASE let this happen.Bring in UConn and WVU and let that be that.

People don't seem to be getting this at all. Leaving Rutgers and UConn behind is in the best interest of our program.

The mention of Rutgers disrupted his math aptitude.
Sad... That's all you have to say. I can not believe I was just insulted like that. I have no counter argument.

Sad... That's all you have to say. I can not believe I was just insulted like that. I have no counter argument.

You can try that "I grew up in Tully" crap on someone else.

I dub thee troll.

I respect Rutgers about as much as I respect Linsey Lohan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom