What does SU need to do in ACC to secure a spot in the East Region? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What does SU need to do in ACC to secure a spot in the East Region?

I think getting into the East will be difficult. SU, Duke and Virginia are poised for 2 spots in the East and Southern regions. In order for SU to get into the East then SU must beat NC State and win the next game.

Scenario 1
If Virginia wins the ACCT then they are looking at a 2 seed in the South which means the East is open for Duke or SU. So SU has to be in the championship game.

Scenario 2
If Duke wins the ACCT then they are looking at a 2 seed also but in the East or South. If Duke is in the South then Virginia and SU would be up for the East as a 2 or 3 seed. If Virginia is in the championship then they will get the East over SU. If Virginia lose to Pitt then SU will be in the East as a 2/3 seed. If Duke is in the East then I am hoping for SU to be in the midwest as a 3 seed.

who cares if we get MSG - home court advantage does not matter to us when i see us lose 2 bad ones at home

who cares if we get MSG - home court advantage does not matter to us when i see us lose 2 bad ones at home

Absolutely absurd statement here. Games in Albany and Boston were crucial in the success of the 2003 team, who had similar ups and downs as this year's squad. If you think any other route would be the same degree of difficulty as a Buffalo then NYC route then you just aren't paying attention.

Feb losses to mediocre teams in the Dome are completely different than getting an advantage over teams that will be just as good if not better during the regionals.

I listened to the new commentator, last year's committee chair, talking Syracuse with Seth Greenberg last night using SU as one of 4 for the last potential 1 seed (UM, Villanova, Wisconsin & Syracuse). Much of the discussion surrounded Grant. He said the committee will look very closely at the team with him versus the stretch without him.
In any event, Virginia will lose to Pittsburgh tomorrow. If we just win the games in front of us from now on, we'll be National Champions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom