What does the NCAA have against NC State? | Syracusefan.com

What does the NCAA have against NC State?

cto

Administrator
Their women's Sweet 16 game (ESPN) is scheduled at exactly the same time as their men's Sweet 16 game (CBS) tonight. Both brackets have four games today. Certainly the scheduling geniuses could've figured out a better line-up. If this were Duke or UConn, I'm sure they would have been more accommodating to the fans. If I were a Wolfpack fan, I'd be beyond furious. Oh, I forgot, I am a Wolfpack fan tonight, at least for the men's game.

Last edited:
Their women's Sweet 16 game (ESPN) is scheduled at exactly the same time as their men's Sweet 16 game (CBS) tonight. Both brackets have four games tonight. Certainly the scheduling geniuses would've figured out a better line-up. If this were Duke, or UConn I think they would have been more accommodating to the fans. If I were a Wolfpack fan, I'd be beyond furious. Oh, I forgot, I am a Wolfpack fan tonight, at least on the men's side.

Odds makers too. +7.5 against Marquette? The ACC disrespect rolls on

And the Wolfpack wins both games. Shortly after the men beat Marquette, the women beat #2 Stanford by 10 points. Too bad their fans could not watch both games with uninterrupted joy

Last edited:
And the Wolfpack wins both games. Shortly after the men beat Marquette, the women beat #2 Stanford by 10 points. Too bad their fans could not watch both games in uninterrupted joy
That would have been a nice parlay to bet. Hopefully Sunday they play a couple hours apart.

The NCAA doesn’t care about a schools fans. The TV networks decide when the games will be played.

The NCAA doesn’t care about a schools fans. The TV networks decide when the games will be played.

Or, put another way, the NCAA has zero clout, unless a Brazilian student doesn't footnote his references properly in an auto friggin biography

Or, put another way, the NCAA has zero clout, unless a Brazilian student doesn't footnote his references properly in an auto friggin biography
Whose third language happened to be English. I’d like to see any of those NCAA hacks write a paper in Portuguese.

I don’t believe the NCAA had any clout back then either, at least that’s what we’re finding out now. SU should have thrown the middle finger and played Fab.

And the Wolfpack wins both games. Shortly after the men beat Marquette, the women beat #2 Stanford by 10 points. Too bad their fans could not watch both games with uninterrupted joy
Aren't all the games pre-scheduled? It probably never crossed the minds of either selection committee that both would make it to the sweet sixteen and that they would need to look that far ahead, since the men were an 11 seed.

Didn't they used to schedule women's games on different days than the men or am I remembering that wrong?

Aren't all the games pre-scheduled? It probably never crossed the minds of either selection committee that both would make it to the sweet sixteen and that they would need to look that far ahead, since the men were an 11 seed.
Broadcasters decide the schedule after the matchups are known, but different broadcasters for men’s and women’s. NCAA dropped the ball or was not paying attention.

Didn't they used to schedule women's games on different days than the men or am I remembering that wrong?

Men play Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun

Women play Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon

Broadcasters decide the schedule after the matchups are known, but different broadcasters for men’s and women’s. NCAA dropped the ball or was not paying attention.
If the broadcasters decide the schedule, how is that on the NCAA to look three rounds ahead for an unlikely conflict? Are the committees really supposed to communicate like that?

If the broadcasters decide the schedule, how is that on the NCAA to look three rounds ahead for an unlikely conflict? Are the committees really supposed to communicate like that?
Because the broadcasters pick the game times only after the know which games are going to be played. Thus, today’s men’s game times were not decided until they knew who won on Thursday night.

It is on the NCAA because they own the broadcast rights and thus, they or their lawyers should have had enough foresight to build a release valve into their contracts w/ the broadcasters such that there would be no broadcast conflicts like NCSt had last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom