What does the PG position look like | Syracusefan.com

What does the PG position look like

Alsacs

Living Legend
I didn’t watch the exhibition but it seems ball handling may have been an issue.
So will we have improved PG play this year?

It appears if it’s not Carey will be doing the whole position less guard play thing again and just play combo guards and then struggle against teams that put a lot of ball presssure in the halfcourt.

I know we got shooting which is a plus.

I didn’t watch the exhibition but it seems ball handling may have been an issue.
So will we have improved PG play this year?

It appears if it’s not Carey will be doing the whole position less guard play thing again and just play combo guards and then struggle against teams that put a lot of ball presssure in the halfcourt.

I know we got shooting which is a plus.
Very much the big TBD right now. Carey looked less than stellar. Goodine and Girard had runs, but also made unforced errors. Way too early to tell with those guys.

I’d say Carey will continue to have the opportunity to run point but he’ll be on a short leash. Goodine is the most likely to seize the opportunity if JC repeats last year’s performances.

I think Carey will step up and improve throughout the season and prove the doubters wrong.

It's Carey's job to lose.

This is based only on 20 minutes of play, but Goodine did not look like a natural ball handler to me. Look forward to seeing more tonight.

As long as we have someone bring the ball up I think most of the offense will end up running through Hughes.

ball handling was not the issue as much as passing/catching. several of the turnovers should not have been credited to the guards but to the recipients who didn't cleanly handle the passes. and there were a few passes made that were bad choices and/or too high a degree of difficulty.

other than carey's double brain fart at the beginning of the 2nd half, i don't think ball handling was especially egregious for a bunch of 1st & 2nd year guards playing their 1st real game in months.

also, should note that hughes handled the ball a lot and looked good doing so.

ball handling was not the issue as much as passing/catching. several of the turnovers should not have been credited to the guards but to the recipients who didn't cleanly handle the passes. and there were a few passes made that were bad choices and/or too high a degree of difficulty.

other than carey's double brain fart at the beginning of the 2nd half, i don't think ball handling was especially egregious for a bunch of 1st & 2nd year guards playing their 1st real game in months.

Per rule you must possess the ball to be credited with a turnover so if a player fumbles a pass the turnover is credited to the passer. I hate the rule personally. I think it should be like the wild pitch/passed ball concept in baseball, but it is not like that.

QBs are credited with a interception when the ball bounces off of the receivers hands first another pet peeve of mine.

I agree with this analysis. I was at the game, and was surprised at how often our players made ill-advised passes that were either intercepted or fumbled. The problem wasn't entirely ball handling per se, but also ill-advised passes. Hopefully, that can improve as the players get used to each other and get a better idea about positioning to receive a pass.

I agree with this analysis. I was at the game, and was surprised at how often our players made ill-advised passes that were either intercepted or fumbled. The problem wasn't entirely ball handling per se, but also ill-advised passes. Hopefully, that can improve as the players get used to each other and get a better idea about positioning to receive a pass.
Passes they made (and completed) in high school should not be attempted at this level. They'll learn, or they won't get PT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom