What does this quote regarding switching leagues mean? | Syracusefan.com

What does this quote regarding switching leagues mean?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
"There is no scenario where a president applies to a league and isn't admitted," a Big East official told CBSSports.com.

Does this mean that you dont apply until you have already been given the proverbial acceptance secret handshake and it is just a formality? Or can anyone just literally apply? (would not make sense to me, but alot of this going in college athletics doesn't make sense to me)

YES! No way Pitt and SU piss off the BE by applying to the ACC and possibly not being accepted.

"There is no scenario where a president applies to a league and isn't admitted," a Big East official told CBSSports.com.

Does this mean that you dont apply until you have already been given the proverbial acceptance secret handshake and it is just a formality? Or can anyone just literally apply? (would not make sense to me, but alot of this **** going in college athletics doesn't make sense to me)

Yes. All these conferences only accept applications if they want you. It was the same last time with SU before Warner got in the way. That is why it is silly that some of these other schools are misreading what has been said and they all think they too have applied to the ACC. Reports are that only SU and Pitt have applied (invited to) while as many as 8-10 other teams have had "talks" with the ACC but have not applied. Anyone can have talks or inquire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom