What happened to The Syracuse Orange this year? | Syracusefan.com

What happened to The Syracuse Orange this year?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Mike from Syracuse were you under a rock?

Andrea on the other hand was more polite:

Wednesday January 18 4:30 PM

Michael W. Holbrook in Syracuse writes: What happened to The Syracuse Orange this year after such a successful season last year!?!?!? What can we expect next year? How is The Orange's recruiting going? Thank you very much for your time and consideration!

Adelson: I think there were a few factors at play this season. First, Syracuse lost a lot of tremendous senior leadership from guys like Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith and ultimately, I think it was much harder for the Orange to find seniors to step up and take on that role. Secondly, Syracuse lost a good number of starters on defense. Combine that with injuries that hit early in the season, most especially in the secondary, and this group took a step back in 2011. Third, there was no real offensive consistency and Ryan Nassib seemed to play worse as the season progressed. Fourth, the West Virginia victory really did a number on this team. After getting to five wins, it seemed like a no-brainer that the Orange would make a bowl game. But after losing a couple, players pressed. They put pressure on themselves to get that sixth win, and they were basically playing like they were too worried about making a mistake. All of that combined for a 5-7 season. I had Syracuse eighth in my way too early predictions because I think the Orange lose some of their best players once again, in Antwon Bailey, Chandler Jones, Phillip Thomas and Nick Provo to name a few. This team has to show me something to inspire some confidence. As for recruiting, I think it is safe to say it has been a mixed bag. The Orange got a huge lift this weekend when three-star defensive end Josh Manley out of Georgia committed. They have lost out on some of the prospects they really wanted, but they also have commitments from 11 three-stars.

Looks like she didn't get the memo on Manley

The rest of her mailbag

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/29134/big-east-mailblog-54

It was one of the worst collapses I've ever seen. On par with the Mets and Sox in baseball.

4th and inches inside the one against Rutgers with the game on the line and choosing to kick a field goal summed up the season.

A losing record in the worst BCS conference? Yes, we sucked.

Sorry, I just don't agree with you.

Robinson's seasons "sucked."

Yes, we had bad moments against Rutgers, Pitt and Uconn and should have won all three games - but we didn't "suck."

And stop with this "worst BCS conference" BS.

It's tired and an oversimplied assessment.

We will agree to disagree. Ask any reasonable football fan and they would agree the BE is the worst BCS conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom