What happens to the BE? | Syracusefan.com

What happens to the BE?

tep624

Living Legend
If SU and Pitt are gone to the ACC, then all gloves are off. My guess - The BE becomes a conference similar to the A-10 and all the D1 Football members look for other association.

There will be another All Sports BCS conference. With the BE Football conference dismantling and the Big 12 at the same time, there are too many teams out there without homes.

Conference USA will be more than happy to add members...lol

Yeah, gotta think that WFVU to the SEC makes a lot of sense. I think more dominoes fall after that. You can only lose so many of the top flight programs in a conference.

Conference USA will be more than happy to add members...lol
Sadly I think there has to be a 5th 16 team conference of some sort of confederation...

Sadly I think there has to be a 5th 16 team conference of some sort of confederation...
Not gonna happen. SEC, ACC, Big 10, Pac12/16 won't let it happen. They ain't splitting up the pie anymore.

And who the hell would lead that conference? Kansas and UCONN...sorry ain't gonna happen.

I don't think so. If this move to the ACC DOES INDEED happen (and there are no guarantees that it will at this point) I think the B10 grabs a couple of BE teams too.

The odd man out here may be TCU. And this would totally suck for them, unless they can align with Kansas, KSU, Iowa State, etc after the B12 fallout.

The BE BBall only teams will be fine. UConn, Buttgers, will all end up someplace (B10 or a further expanded ACC) -- and truth be told, it will probably be a better place for all concerned. Not sure about Cincy, L'Ville and USF. But I could see L'Ville ending up ACC too -- academics aside.

Assuming that Texas, Tech, OU and Okie State to the Pac16,
Missouri, Kansas, KState, and Notre Dame to the BiG,
A&M, WV, Cinci, and Louisville to the SEC,
Pitt, SU, UConn, and Rutgers to the ACC ...

who's left?

TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, and USF are the only BCS teams without a chair.

who's left?

I still think the B10 is going to look east for at least one team -- especially if Pitt and SU are ACC bound. They will try for UConn and/or Buttgers before the ACC moves on them.

Glad Pitt is coming with us. Wish the 'Neers were as well (although that would mean one (more?) current ACC member was leaving). Hope they get a chair at the table and we play OOC.

Everyone else, meh.

who's left?

The SEC is NOT going to add Cincy. Probably won't add L'ville either. I think with FSU and Clemson out of the picture for the SEC you see Oklahoma and Okie St to the SEC with WV and who knows who else. And i believe more and more Texas and ND go independent football with ACC tie-ins for bowls for every other sport.

I still think the B10 is going to look east for at least one team -- especially if Pitt and SU are ACC bound. They will try for UConn and/or Buttgers before the ACC moves on them.

Missouri to the Big 10. Take it to the bank, its been talked about for 10 years at least. Now it can/will happen. Rutgers/UCONN to the Big 10 I still don't see happening. What do they give the Big 10? Location, what location is that? Jersey?

Rutgers to the BiG. Louisville to the ACC, TCU to the SEC, KState on the bubble.

Mix and match. Someone has to get left out.

who's left?

I think there are still some semi-intriguing teams floating out there like Boise State and BYU, but I think the scenario you outlined makes a lot of sense. Things are a little stretched, but they really aren't that bad.

Good intraconference matchups too.

Rutgers to the BiG. Louisville to the ACC, TCU to the SEC, KState on the bubble.

Mix and match. Someone has to get left out.

Agree with all of that except the TCU to the SEC scenario. Just don't see it.

If SU and Pitt are gone to the ACC, then all gloves are off. My guess - The BE becomes a conference similar to the A-10 and all the D1 Football members look for other association.

There will be another All Sports BCS conference. With the BE Football conference dismantling and the Big 12 at the same time, there are too many teams out there without homes.
BE takes another look at Temple, IMO.

Agree with all of that except the TCU to the SEC scenario. Just don't see it.
TCU is not going to the SEC. Baylor, Iowa State, K State, Kansas, Texas Tech, USF, TCU, Cincy, and L'ville are all potentially on the outside looking in. Add in Boise State to that mix as well. I expect OK, OK State, Texas, Missouri, UCONN, Rutgers, ND and WVU to find homes.

No conference is forced to go to 16 teams, you may still have 12's and 14's. If anything there's going to be some sort of confederation that probably ties in some of the better MWC teams as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom