What I hate most about being on the bubble | Syracusefan.com

What I hate most about being on the bubble

cuseinseattle

All American
Is how it turns us against those we love into the waiting arms of our enemy. People are on here saying that we need to root against UW and Mike Hopkins and hope Pitt beats ND. Just wait at some point I will be asked to root for Yukon too. It will never happen. This is what this week does. Then after you do it and feel dirty, you don't make the tournament anyway. I implore everyone to stay true to our values and root against G-Town, Yukon, Pitt, Puke and UNCheats and root for every member of the Cuse Family.

It would be nice if all the stars aligned for us, but I really don't follow how the other bubble teams are doing as I can get that from postings on here. Win 2 and we are in. Win 1 would not be promising depending on how those other bubble teams made out. C'mon kids, take care of business, we are all behind you.

I would root for anyone -except Georgetown- if it helped Syracuse make the tournament and avoid the NIT.

FIFY.

Is how it turns us against those we love into the waiting arms of our enemy. People are on here saying that we need to root against UW and Mike Hopkins and hope Pitt beats ND. Just wait at some point I will be asked to root for Yukon too. It will never happen. This is what this week does. Then after you do it and feel dirty, you don't make the tournament anyway. I implore everyone to stay true to our values and root against G-Town, Yukon, Pitt, Puke and UNCheats and root for every member of the Cuse Family.

I dislike ND every bit as much as I do Pitt, so rooting against them is never a problem.

Other than winning the BET in 2006, have we ever played our way in during the conference tourneys??

My prior guess would have been 1981 when we beat Nova in Triple OT, but apparently we went to the NIT that year and didn't have an automatic bid. So short answer yes 2006 was the only other time in recent memory.

You seem more conflicted than most on the UW train. If it is us or them I pick us. You? I like Hop but who giv s a schlitt if he makes the tournament if we don’t.

I agree with the Funke Soul Brother. As much as I love Hop, I have no conflict as to my loyalty.

I did find it kind of humorous, however, that as of very recently his team was rated higher on the bracket index than ours, and that a day or 2 ago the Big East had 2 1 seeds and the ACC zero.

While we're airing frustrations, the refs in giving KU a win and in essence another conference title vs WVU, which likely had an effect on subsequent KU games against bubble teams where they let us down. That's my bubble-related complaint. Love how Huggins went after the refs though.

Y
You seem more conflicted than most on the UW train. If it is us or them I pick us. You? I like Hop but who giv s a schlitt if he makes the tournament if we don’t.
Yup if my mom coached a team I wouldn't root for them to get in over us.

If rooting actually affected the outcome of games, I would pay more attention, but since it doesn't, I don't, and I root for who I like (or root against who I hate).
So I have no problem rooting against pitt or for Washington, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom