What if John O'Korn (Houston) had flipped to SU last January? | Syracusefan.com

What if John O'Korn (Houston) had flipped to SU last January?

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
Think about all the ways things might have played out very differently for the Orange had O'Korn flipped.

Perhaps he would not have gotten the chance to play immediately like he did at Houston and the start of his career would be much different.

Perhaps he plays and stars as a true freshman (like he has in Houston) - possibly chasing away Long, but setting Syracuse up at QB for the next 3 years.

And without Long, how different would the entire class be since he has been a leader before setting foot on campus and has helped bring in kids that might not have come without his help.

I'm good with Terrell Hunt. He had some growing pains, but he has the tools to be a good one. We can recruit another John O'Korn.

We can recruit another John O'Korn.
Just to throw this out there, here's how O'Korn's season would have stacked up in our record book -

Completions (239) - 3rd

Yards (2,889) - 2nd

TDs (26) - 1st

I mean, look, nobody has more faith in Cool Kid's ability to recruit than I do, but O'Korn just had arguably what would have been the most statistically prolific passing season in Syracuse history, so I would say the odds are not in our favor that we can recruit another John O'Korn since he would pretty much project to be our best QB ever by the numbers.

I'm sticking with this guy:
14014306-mmmain.jpg

Just to throw this out there, here's how O'Korn's season would have stacked up in our record book -

Completions (239) - 3rd

Yards (2,889) - 2nd

TDs (26) - 1st

I mean, look, nobody has more faith in Cool Kid's ability to recruit than I do, but O'Korn just had arguably what would have been the most statistically prolific passing season in Syracuse history, so I would say the odds are not in our favor that we can recruit another John O'Korn since he would pretty much project to be our best QB ever by the numbers.

Couldn't that be a system thing though? No matter what we were going to run the ball a lot this year.

Couldn't that be a system thing though? No matter what we were going to run the ball a lot this year.
Obviously system is huge, but look at how much we tried to throw the ball early in the season.

Completions (239) - 3rd

Yards (2,889) - 2nd

TDs (26) - 1st

Not arguing your points, but there must be a reason why we didn't get O'Korn in the first place. How hard did we recruit him? He clearly wasn't a priority under the former regime. Zach Allen was our guy...until he wasn't. Losing a coaching staff probably didn't help us in our quest to grab O'Korn, especially late in the game. That has to be a hard situation to sell a program in.

Not arguing your points, but there must be a reason why we didn't get O'Korn in the first place. How hard did we recruit him? He clearly wasn't a priority under the former regime. Zach Allen was our guy...until he wasn't. Losing a coaching staff probably didn't help us in our quest to grab O'Korn, especially late in the game. That has to be a hard situation to sell a program in.
O'Korn didn't enter the picture until we had the new staff.

If O'Korn flipped, we don't get Mitch Kimble. And unless O'Korn enrolled early (not sure if he did), he would have been sitting on the bench wearing a red shirt behind Allen and Hunt to start the season, just like Kimble did.

He wouldn't have started. Still would have been Hunt/Allen.

If okorn came we would not have gone after Allen. Allen would have most likely went to nc state. The way okorn played this year he would have started. Shaf plays the guys that give us the best chance to win. okorn would have won the job easily. He's much more accurate then hunt.

Hopefully we can find a qb down the road that can hit a receiver with a deep ball. It's really getting old the past few years watching balls thrown down the side line and sailing ten yards passed our receivers.

What if GRob had landed Colt Brennan? What if Tech hadn't paid Vicks hs coach? Tons of scenarios like this and no way to tell what wouldve happened.

I'm really excited to see Hunt next year with some playmakers at WR and RB's who can bring it to the house at anytime.

I was down on Hunt for a while but the improvements he made towards the end of the season were dramatically impressive.