What if we lose to Liberty? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What if we lose to Liberty?

Losing to Akron under Grob will be worse. I'm not angry anymore because the team has lost so many contributors. DeVito, Adams, Howard, Jordan, D. Davis, P. Davis, Bleich, Cisco, Coley, Richards, maybe Cantin-Arku...absolutely insane.

Liberty has a better coach IMO, if hugh freeze could behave himself he'd be doing quite well, they have a safety transfer from Nc state, 4 star OT from ole miss, Qb willis from auburn is very good, they've got a lot of of jucos and CC transfers, i think it just kills any momentum we would have for next season and really hurts in recruiting.

If we lose to Liberty 40% of the base will say it’s time to fire Dino, 40% will make the same stupid masochistic self-defeating excuses they have for 20 years and the other 20% willl say nothing but will just stop watching, attending, or caring.

That last 20%...the continued bleeding of this fan base...continues to be the tragedy

Losing to Akron under Grob will be worse. I'm not angry anymore because the team has lost so many contributors. DeVito, Adams, Howard, Jordan, D. Davis, P. Davis, Bleich, Cisco, Coley, Richards, maybe Cantin-Arku...absolutely insane.
Excuses are for losers . Every college team has the same issues. Covid, injuries and opting out. But our fan base thinks it only happens to us. A P5 football program in the ACC should have a backup QB ready to go. If not in year 5 its on the staff. Another beauty is this year doesn't matter because of covid. We should be favored at home over Liberty with our 2nd team. Remember , we were suppose to see this system click the 4th game of the 3rd year. Remember that statement? I need to vomit.

Liberty has big money behind them and they are building fast. If they do beat SU, it might not be the only ACC game they win this year.

Excuses are for losers . Every college team has the same issues. Covid, injuries and opting out. But our fan base thinks it only happens to us. A P5 football program in the ACC should have a backup QB ready to go. If not in year 5 its on the staff. Another beauty is this year doesn't matter because of covid. We should be favored at home over Liberty with our 2nd team. Remember , we were suppose to see this system click the 4th game of the 3rd year. Remember that statement? I need to vomit.

Agreed, it especially doesn't hold up when the same people making excuses were the ones 15 months ago predicting we were going to the orange bowl.

I’ve been around a long time and seen a lot of whiskey tango foxtrot loses. But, we are prime to lose to Liberty this week. 13 starters and 8 backups are out. Liberty is by no means a gimme. Lose to them and what is the perception of our program? Especially after losing to a horrendous Duke team as well.
This could have long term consequences, Especially after the last twenty years or so... could be devastating.
I started to agree with you but then I thought more about it. I think sometimes we all underestimate how far we've sunk as a program. No one takes our program serious right now. While we all certainly hope that will change, that's just the reality. Therefore, losing to Liberty would be awful but it's not like it will do much to those outside the program. It's not like we have much to lose from a recruiting standpoint. I hate to take this position, I really do. However, I'm just frustrated and beaten down by what I continue to watch (religiously) year after year.

Last edited:

And those teams are usually part of the 50% that lose on Saturdays. It's a game of opportunities and right now we don't have any.

I’ve been around a long time and seen a lot of whiskey tango foxtrot loses. But, we are prime to lose to Liberty this week. 13 starters and 8 backups are out. Liberty is by no means a gimme. Lose to them and what is the perception of our program? Especially after losing to a horrendous Duke team as well.
This could have long term consequences, Especially after the last twenty years or so... could be devastating.

I have hammered dino and the staff the last few days. But, what is your point? Duke is not " horrendous ". They have better skill guys than us all over the board and a legit oline and dline. That's my point, recruiting and player development.

So , now we play liberty down our only true d1 qb on a roster dino has been working on for 5 years and have alot of injuries on both sides of the ball. Liberties skill players will be better on O and maybe a few TOs on D will pay dividends. But, if we lose? At this point who cares about perception. If you follow it as we do it's easy to see liberty will be the better team on the field.

What happens? Why, we shut down the program, of course! I mean, what’s the point?
Seriously, deep breaths- it’s just another roadblock, but the journey hasn’t ended.

Last edited:
What happens if we lose? We fall to 1-4. What happens if we win? We move to 2-3. Same as against any other opponent.

There is no positive to this game. If we win "oh it's just liberty" and if we lose "My god they lost to Liberty, haw bad are they?"

I hate these type of games.

It was a Temple game like this that played a big part in Pasqualoni's undoing,

Uhhh recruits ? Uhhh I can already hear those ACC network talking heads “they lost to LIBERTY!”

But let's be fair, what did our recent 10 win season get us in the way of recruits? Maybe losing to Liberty will let some recruits know that they can come in and play as a freshman. So, I guess if we lose, it's a win win!

Last year’s game was much closer than the final score. With how we have played, with the added injuries Saturday, I would be much more surprised with a win than a loss. That’s my legitimately objective analysis.

1602493226158.png

Liberty has big money behind them and they are building fast. If they do beat SU, it might not be the only ACC game they win this year.
If Liberty beats us we will be expelled from the ACC conference and Liberty will be our replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom