What is going on? At Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is going on? At Louisville

Buffalo in the dome aside we have beaten all the good teams we have played so far. Don't ask me why we couldn't bring it vs Georgetown or ODU. If we were playing Gonzaga either of those Saturdays I think a different Syracuse team shows up and we play better.

Programs of our stature typically play other programs of our stature out of conference. We play way fewer of these games than other blue bloods. This year it bit us under scheduling with everyone returning on a Sweet 16 team. Some years you have to do it if you get crushed by a combination of graduation and early departures.

Insane take. What you are saying is despite losing 4 non conference games, we should have scheduled harder ie better teams.

Read that sentence again.

Nobody is throwing anything out. Those games will drop us a few seed lines unless we go general sherman through the rest of the ACC. But meh - if I've learned anything the past few years - our seed is almost completely irrelevant versus the matchup we get. Too much parity for seeds to make much of a difference. A protected seed maybe helps, but not as much as getting a favorable matchup.

Maybe the committee should just do away with seeds and try to reward teams based on projected matchups and styles of play.
The seeding point is so true. I’d almost rather be a 10/11 seed regardless, versus an 8/9 playing the 1 in Round 2. Especially since our teams, no matter what seeding we are, usually have, at least, Sweet 16 level talent.

The difference is that GTECH plays good defense.

The Georgia Tech game is the one that is such a head scratcher. We had clearly been playing better, then that happened... then we beat Duke and crushed Pitt & Miami looking like the Top 10 team everyone thought we could be.

I have the same question about Louisville as the OP. I heard the announcer say they have the #2 recruiting class in the nation coming in next year??! How is that possible, their entire sports program is in colossal disarray, or should be anyway. They should legitimately be staring down a possible death penalty situation.
I thought I heard that wrong... is that true, it seemed too crazy to be real so I didn’t bother looking it up.
They definitely have some good players coming in next year, but a big reason why they are ranked #2 is the quantity (6 players I think).That bumps up the ranking. Only one named as a Mickey D's but he isn't even ranked super high right now. Chris Mack is drawing them in. Mack would not come to the Ville if he thought a death penalty would occur. Additional sanctions are likely I assume, but not a death penalty. They already had their 2013 NC vacated.

Insane take. What you are saying is despite losing 4 non conference games, we should have scheduled harder ie better teams.

Read that sentence again.

That is exactly what I think. This isn't a team full of freshmen.

In our non conference play we were in no win positions every game ESPECIALLY the harder home games. Win and noone cares because you were expected to win even if its Georgetowns super bowl and they play their best game of the year. Lose and Boeheim is done and needs to be fired and Battle, Brissett, and everyone else suck.

We had ONE game that wasn't like this vs Ohio State and we won.

Our peer programs play each other for their tough OOC games when they aren't scheduling a total cupcake like Binghamton or Columbia. We get cute and play Buffalo and Old Dominion to boost the SOS. I think that is dumb and want to act like a blue blood and see a decent non ACC and non former BE rival in the dome once and a while.

They definitely have some good players coming in next year, but a big reason why they are ranked #2 is the quantity (6 players I think).That bumps up the ranking. Only one named as a Mickey D's but he isn't even ranked super high right now. Chris Mack is drawing them in. Mack would not come to the Ville if he thought a death penalty would occur. Additional sanctions are likely I assume, but not a death penalty. They already had their 2013 NC vacated.

I hope they burn.

Don't know if it's still #2. It's a deep, but not top talent class... 33, 48, and 3 players from 75-100 per ESPN.

I tuned into some of that NCST v. UL last night. Yeah, it looks like the 'Ville couldn't have landed any better, at least at the moment, considering all the garbage that went on there, etc. Mack, no doubt, is a home run hire.

During the broadcast, mid to late 2nd half I believe, the announcer did say that UL had the #2 recruiting class, bringing in 6 players for next year.

If UL, in all there apparent dismay, can go out and land a top coach in Mack, and seemingly immediately reap rewards from it, I don't see why Syracuse shouldn't be able to have similar success when JB decides he has had enough. UL's program doesn't have any higher stature than SU's.

I tuned into some of that NCST v. UL last night. Yeah, it looks like the 'Ville couldn't have landed any better, at least at the moment, considering all the garbage that went on there, etc. Mack, no doubt, is a home run hire.

During the broadcast, mid to late 2nd half I believe, the announcer did say that UL had the #2 recruiting class, bringing in 6 players for next year.

If UL, in all there apparent dismay, can go out and land a top coach in Mack, and seemingly immediately reap rewards from it, I don't see why Syracuse shouldn't be able to have similar success when JB decides he has had enough. UL's program doesn't have any higher stature than SU's.
They have $$$

If we’re willing to spend, sure, we should have no problem either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom