What is JJ's ceiling? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is JJ's ceiling?

It’s like he was never truly taught how to defend. He allows too much separation, gets distracted looking for the ball, and sometimes just doesn’t seem all that interested. Looks like he hates getting switched to a big guy and has no clue how to even try to defend in those situations

This was something that showed up in prep too. It’s frustrating kids aren’t given better instruction and coaching heading into college.

It’s like he was never truly taught how to defend. He allows too much separation, gets distracted looking for the ball, and sometimes just doesn’t seem all that interested. Looks like he hates getting switched to a big guy and has no clue how to even try to defend in those situations
I think the whole team (and 99% of other teams) is emblematic of AAU's very negative impact on the sport. They don't know how to play.

I admit I wasn't the biggest Tyus fan because I thought he was a bit of a ball hog even for those weaker offensive teams, but JJ appears to be even a bigger black hole. Tyus also played elite defense. We've played pretty good offense since January, but our D has been abysmal and he was a big part of it. That's the reason he was benched for Cuffe last night. We have to get better on that end.
Tyus has a much better handle than JJ. He could get to his spots regularly and was consistent making his shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom