What is more important winning an extra game or the young players playing major minutes and getting better for next year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is more important winning an extra game or the young players playing major minutes and getting better for next year?

I don’t give a chit if Jim Boeheim ends up with 1050 wins or if he ends up 1053 wins.
He coaches every game like it’s game 7 of the Finals.
That is his right it doesn’t mean our rotations hurt player development.
Hopkins ran the practices when he was here I really don’t know if since Hop left JB has done more day to day in the practices.
That is more of a question I would ask.
There is no way certain players should be playing high 30 MPGs that is the point I am making. He thinks playing these players high 30 MPGs help him win that game when the younger players need more PT.
JB isn’t above questioning.
no, not dissing the validity of the Q at all - would just be fascinating (entertaining?) if someone point blank asked him

I think you try to win every game but allow the young players to start developing now and continue during the conference schedule rather than curtailing their minutes. I've never felt that you have to give up wins to develop the younger guys as they will be able to contribute more in late Feb and March if they get PT in January and the team is better overall as a result. The guys get tired - physically and mentally if they play too many minutes and it negatively impacts performance, regardless what the HOF coach says.
I've never liked the short bench approach.