What is record for most losses in a row? | Syracusefan.com

What is record for most losses in a row?

Crusty

Living Legend
I hate to ask this, but we now have 4 in a row and if we lose Saturday and then against Clemson we will have lost 6 in a row. That would tie GRob and a loss versus NC State would surpass it.

EDIT: make that 5 in a row and Lville would be 6 and Clemson 7.

Can any coach survive that?

Last edited:
We're actually at 5 in a row now. Lville would be 6 in a row. Line is currently Ville -14

We're actually at 5 in a row now. Lville would be 6 in a row. Line is currently Ville -14
Gee you are right. My bad, I must be in denial.

Scott Shafer would have to lose out this season to match Greg Robinson's 2005 season of nine losses in a row.

Dick McPherson lost 6 in a row in 1982 but luckily we had a slump buster in Colgate near the end of the schedule or he may have finished with 10 losses in a row and may have never seen 1983.

Last edited:
1973, they lost 8 in a row (ben's last year)

bright side of gerg is that ben doesn't have that claim to fame

Another GERG record that Scott Shafer has tied-

Scott Shafer and Greg Robinson both are in the two consecutive seasons with 5 losses in a row club.

Scott Shafer (2014 & 2015)

Greg Robinson (2005 & 2006)

I can't find anyone else in this dubious club.

Last edited:
I hate to ask this, but we now have 4 in a row and if we lose Saturday and then against Clemson we will have lost 6 in a row. That would tie GRob and a loss versus NC State would surpass it.

EDIT: make that 5 in a row and Lville would be 6 and Clemson 7.

Can any coach survive that?
If you go by the ncaa books, gerg had one winless year. So at least 12.

Scott Shafer would have to lose out this season to match Greg Robinson's 2005 season of nine losses in a row.

Dick McPherson lost 6 in a row in 1982 but luckily we had a slump buster in Colgate near the end of the schedule or he may have finished with 10 losses in a row and may have never seen 1983.

And it actually got to 11 with the first two games of 2006.

Next longest are 9 in 72-73 and 48-49...

Not approaching Prairie View but still pretty ugly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom