What Is The Team/Program Missing More Than Anything? | Syracusefan.com

What Is The Team/Program Missing More Than Anything?

The_Slant_Su

Walk On
In my opinion it's toughness and it's been missing for a while. I haven't noticed increased muscle mass year over year in a looong time. Regardless of our offensive strategy, you cannot set effective picks if your body cannot take a and give a few bumps.

This team needs to learn how to set an effective pick like a man and how to roll/pass of the picks. It seems our entire offense is built on something that we cannot teach or execute properly. It's quite bizarre really.

I don't believe this is going on during SU's off season.

A big man that forces teams to double team him so someone is open or he scores. IMO, you need two guys that can be inside and score and rebound and SU has none that can do that consistently. Teams are going to over play the man so no ones open in this offense for easier jump shots.

Boeheim seems to not want any bulky 4 that can't get to the corners on D to stop shots so seems content to recruit people who are "long" and can cover ground on D. This is his preference so this is what he has...skinny 4's/5's. Same story same song.

A new philosophy on how to play and who to play that philosophy with.

You can run whatever type of offense you want, but when the defense only has to guard 3 guys it's over.

The biggest problem last night was we had sidibe play almost the whole second half without contributing on offense. Marek played the whole second half without contributing on offense. How many years in a row do we have guys out there that can't play offense effectively. Certainly Marek has shown some competence, but he didn't have it last night.

You would think Boeheim would go to the bench to try and shake things up. Really disappointed that braswell didnt at least get a chance for marek. Or that they didnt move marek back to the middle and put braswell in.

If we are going all in on the idea that 3 pointers are our chance to win games this year, then go for it and put in the people that can make that happen. Defensively, we will get enough stops with marek or Edwards in the paint. I just don't think sidibe is an acc starting center.

Inside prescience. We constantly are just throwing up 3s. Need to score down low and get easy baskets

I don't know if there is enough room in this forum to list all the needs of this program

We continue to look more like an NBA tryout than an organized team with any true goals.

5 guys that need to be guarded, that can also play the other end.

The only time we looked competent on offense and got some good shots was late in the first half when we had Girard-Buddy-Hughes-Guerrier-Marek in there. Hindsight being 20/20, I would’ve like to see that group but with Braswell in for Quincy, just to see if he would’ve knocked down a shot or two.

But the downside of that lineup, is that leaves us weaker defensively. Frankly, I don’t care. I’m sick of not being able to score.

5 guys that need to be guarded, that can also play the other end.

The only time we looked competent on offense and got some good shots was late in the first half when we had Girard-Buddy-Hughes-Guerrier-Marek in there. Hindsight being 20/20, I would’ve like to see that group but with Braswell in for Quincy, just to see if he would’ve knocked down a shot or two.

But the downside of that lineup, is that leaves us weaker defensively. Frankly, I don’t care. I’m sick of not being able to score.

Yeah we gave up 48 points and Girard/Buddy looked fine up top. Marek is not a 40MPG player. I can't believe Braswell did not get in AT ALL. That is a travesty.

Experience, 1 game against a very good team provides little insight to what they may be in January and February. People need to calm down.

Experience, 1 game against a very good team provides little insight to what they may be in January and February. People need to calm down.
I hope you're correct. I fear you aren't. We will see.

Attitude. Hughes has it. Anyone else?

Pg and inside threat. This makes our offense one dimensional. Its based on chucking 3s. We are easy to defend on offense. Our defense is still v good.

In my opinion it's toughness and it's been missing for a while. I haven't noticed increased muscle mass year over year in a looong time. Regardless of our offensive strategy, you cannot set effective picks if your body cannot take a and give a few bumps.

This team needs to learn how to set an effective pick like a man and how to roll/pass of the picks. It seems our entire offense is built on something that we cannot teach or execute properly. It's quite bizarre really.

I don't believe this is going on during SU's off season.

We traditionally recruit very skinny kids who are easily pushed around. The problem is in the type of "athlete" we recruit.

What does this even mean?
We’ve looked like a traveling NBA/G league tryout for years now. I feel like we’re missing the edge that players like Scoop, Triche, dion, CJ, Rak and Rick used to bring. we dont take it to teams anymore, we wait for the opponent to push us around then we react. I know this isnt entirely sensical but its my first thought.