What is your all-time stupidest realignment rumor? | Syracusefan.com

What is your all-time stupidest realignment rumor?

Toga

Living Legend
So many to choose from. After getting a look the Tulane crowd / get together last weekend, I'm thinking it's Tulane to the B12.

So many to choose from. After getting a look the Tulane crowd / get together last weekend, I'm thinking it's Tulane to the B12.

Everyone who ever suggested that Notre Dame would join the Big East for football.

Not really a rumor, but how 'bout Memphis AD saying they "deserved" to be in SEC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutgers to the MAC? Oh wait....

In a world where Boise State going to the Big East went from punchline to probable in 6 months, there is no such thing as a stupid rumor!

I have several:

East Carolina to the Big East because (as we might remember), they have beaten us in the past.

Air Force to the Big East (Oh wait)

Boise to the Big East (oh wait)

Army NOT looking further into the Big East (I can't imagine they really wouldn't join the Big East since they play a decent number of the proposed teams...perhaps the MAC offers more stability than the Big East). I know they used the C-USA a a reason why but I think they are using that as an excuse because the Big East is such a mess.

The Big 12 leftovers (when we all thought Texas, Oklahoma, OSU and TT were going to the Pac 12) Kansas, KSU, ISU, Mizzou and Baylor merging with the Big East.

Louisiana Tech to the WAC (Oh wait, that is their current conference)

I guess it just proves that if we wait long enough, we could hear just about anything.

UNC and Duke to the Big Ten
Georgia Tech to the Big Ten

Syracuse never getting an ACC invite after the way it turned so ugly last time

San Diego State to the Big East
Tulane to the Big 12

Best rumor:

UConn to the MAC

BTW - the best forum on conference expansion is WVU's - by far. There is an insider post every 15 minutes claiming WVU to the SEC (or ACC).

A poster who claims to be a private pilot recently stated that he saw some SEC executives on his plane and could tell from their "facial expressions" that an SEC invite was coming today. It's a friggin' circus.

A poster who claims to be a private pilot recently stated that he saw some SEC executives on his plane and could tell from their "facial expressions" that an SEC invite was coming today. It's a friggin' circus.

I'm trying to figure out what that facial expression would look like.
attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom