what is your biggest concern re wf | Syracusefan.com

what is your biggest concern re wf

T

tipphill

mine is the special teams--particularly punting as well as k/o and punt returns

The Wake Forest starting RB is my biggest concern.

kid looks legit, hopefully our DT's and outide backers are up for the test, stop him and we win, give up 5-6 ypc and we are screwed

josh harris. josh harris. josh harris. josh harris

josh harris. josh harris. josh harris. josh harris
absolutely Josh Harris. Just watched his highlights vs Va Tech. The kid has big time speed. Hopefully the speed of our young defense along with the Thomases will be enough to keep him from breaking a big one.

This. However, my fear is tempered by the reports that WF's OL is not that good.

Mine is missed tackles and blown assignments. If the Orange can tackle well and be where the staff has shown them to be I think we'll be fine.

mine doesnt have anything to do per se with wake..just we have really dogged the last couple season home openers...minus minny...hope we blow this open early

Wake's secondary will be the worst we see ALL SEASON. Just score more.

Stopping the run will be my biggest concern... this is a problem that snowballs into demoralizing long drives, chewing up time off the clock, and field position. If WFU is able to run the ball and consistently get first downs, that will be a big problem. Even if our offense is clicking on all cylinders, our chances to outscore them in a game like that are minimized due to a smaller number of chances to put points on the board.

Stopping the run will be my biggest concern... this is a problem that snowballs into demoralizing long drives, chewing up time off the clock, and field position. If WFU is able to run the ball and consistently get first downs, that will be a big problem. Even if our offense is clicking on all cylinders, our chances to outscore them in a game like that are minimized due to a smaller number of chances to put points on the board.
If the offense is clicking on all cylinders, then let them try to methodically drive the ball down the field. The teams that were able to do that at the end of last season (Louisville, UConn, BC) scored 28 / 23 / 16 points - if the offense is clicking they can easily outscore teams utilizing that strategy.

which leads to my biggest concern being the safeties selling out to stop the run and the corners getting beat deep for quick scores - SU cannot afford to allow big plays while on defense - no big 87 yard runs for Harris like he did against VT last year and no long bombs over the top of the D.

I am with a bunch of others in this thread. I am concerned about stopping a power run attack, over and over, like last year, when we never came up with a way to stop it.

If we can handle their rushing attack, we win. Pretty sure we are going to score some points against them.

If we can't stop the run, I don't like our chances.

The fact that they have switched to a 3-4 defense and Marrone has film of the 4-3 they ran last year.

harris and mistakes on our part no turnovers and we win going away

My only concern is that our interior defensive line and freshman outside linebacker handle their assignments. Outside of that, I expect everyone else to be able to do what they need to, including Macky. 49 hours and 51 minutes kids, let's goooo!

With our new interior DL and LB's... my concern and attention will be on the running game

Harris must be one of the fastest backs in the country. Impressive player. I am concerned.

Improvement by their defense and QB.

3-9 was because they couldn't get off the field, 47% third down defense. Passing attack was really bad.

The passing game stinking it up last year was the reason we were 3-9. Yes, defense couldn't get off the field. We were a handful of points from being 6-6 despite all of our youngin's on D last year. We lost to Miami, Navy and Georgia Tech in the final minutes and led in all of those games in the fourth quarter. but we still got blown out by Maryland, nc state, stanford and Florida St so either way you look at it the D struggled. Look to be much improved this year. the LB's will be the most noticeable upgrade in terms of speed and agility.

i am not really concerned about wf running game ,shaffer knows about that---i am concerned about our own special teams ---i think in a game like this ---the s/p teams will be the deciding factor.it appears to me --we can predict them ,but not us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom