What is your definition of a successful season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is your definition of a successful season?

40-0.

We already missed.

To be entertained.

Think about it for a second. Would you really want to be a fan of Pitt playing clutch and grab basketball dragging people down into the muck and mire?

No thanks.

On a side note, being entertained also includes playing to max effort, not giving up, getting PO'd when they do lose, and then eviscerating the next team they play. I''l know tomorrow if I am entertained. With this team I expect conference or tourney championship and Elite 8. IMO there is too much that can happen in the tourney otherwise in terms of match-ups, hot shooting, etc.

25-0 is a successful season. When do you think you will see that again?
A VERY successful season is a FF.
Not every year can be a FF. Not really the standard to measure success from year to year. A program of our caliber should be a sweet 16 every year. After that depends on the year. Yes this year we feel with the 25-0 start that FF is the measurement. But the 25-0 stands on it's own.

We're Syracuse University.

I want a championship damnit.

Syracuse should have three goals right now:

1. Winning the ACC
  2. Making the Final Four
  3. Winning the National Title

If the season ends without any of those, it will be a failure. Can't be upset if you only get one (short of winning the ACC and not making it out of the first weekend of NCAA), but if you manage to get two of those it will be a win by absolutely any measure.

This program and fanbase needs to think in terms of BHAGs. None of this tempered garbage.

To be entertained.

Think about it for a second. Would you really want to be a fan of Pitt playing clutch and grab basketball dragging people down into the muck and mire?

No thanks.

And nobody can argue... our coach is right now perhaps the most entertaining in D1.
Often on purpose, sometimes on accident, but his post-game comments are always worth seeking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom