What is your number ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is your number ?

A single basketball player is 1/5th of the starters. If we did this for football, adding 4 NFL players would be the equivalent.

Give me Josh Allen, Justin Jefferson, Sauce Gardner, and Nick Bosa on Syracuse and I like our odds to win the championship.

A single basketball player is 1/5th of the starters. If we did this for football, adding 4 NFL players would be the equivalent.

Give me Josh Allen, Justin Jefferson, Sauce Gardner, and Nick Bosa on Syracuse and I like our odds to win the championship.
I’m not sure how you would create an equivalent football scenario. The college football playoff is composed of all good teams. 16 seeds can be awful.

I’m going to have to say zero. They’re talking about putting a guy from the NBA onto a 16 seed and winning it all. It’s ZERO. This is not up for debate. Read the comments. People have no clue about sports. They really do not understand what they are watching. We’re talking about a SIXTEEN SEED beating UConn because they have one NBA player? Do these people understand how bad 16 seeds are ?

Lebron would put up 60,15,10 against UConn, assuming the 16 seed had anybody who could hit a layup or wide open three. Maybe 10 steals and blocks as well.

But the team might still lose. Just an ordinary starter? It's not that big of a jump from the p5 to the NBA.

Besides,UConn probably had 3 future NBA players this past season.

The problem with podcasts and talk radio is that they sometimes say something incredibly stupid deliberately just to get people calling argue with them.

I’m not sure how you would create an equivalent football scenario. The college football playoff is composed of all good teams. 16 seeds can be awful.

Syracuse football is pretty awful

I’m going to have to say zero. They’re talking about putting a guy from the NBA onto a 16 seed and winning it all. It’s ZERO. This is not up for debate. Read the comments. People have no clue about sports. They really do not understand what they are watching. We’re talking about a SIXTEEN SEED beating UConn because they have one NBA player? Do these people understand how bad 16 seeds are ?

I wrote this in the last thread, I'm not sure the number, but Luka or Jokic would score, get fouled or get wide open shots for a teammate at the rim or at the three point line every possession.

Their points per possession would be off the charts.

Lebron would put up 60,15,10 against UConn, assuming the 16 seed had anybody who could hit a layup or wide open three. Maybe 10 steals and blocks as well.

But the team might still lose. Just an ordinary starter? It's not that big of a jump from the p5 to the NBA.

Besides,UConn probably had 3 future NBA players this past season.

The problem with podcasts and talk radio is that they sometimes say something incredibly stupid deliberately just to get people calling argue with them.
You think Lebron would score 60,15,10 with 10 steals and blocks and the team could still lose? lol.

You think Lebron would score 60,15,10 with 10 steals and blocks and the team could still lose? lol.
The hypothetical 16 seed would have 4 out of 5 players that couldn't guard their man. Lebron is scoring every possession, but so is UConn.

We're looking at a 120-118 type game. Lebron is great, but still only one out of five guys on the court.

The hypothetical 16 seed would have 4 out of 5 players that couldn't guard their man. Lebron is scoring every possession, but so is UConn.

We're looking at a 120-118 type game. Lebron is great, but still only one out of five guys on the court.
16 seeds are overmatched but not incapable. Uconn beat Stetson 91-52 in the most lopsided game of the tournament. You add Lebron’s 60,15,10, on top of Lebron’s defense, Stetson wins the game. They scored 91 without having to deal with Lebron, now the scoring is going to increase to 120-118 range with a prime Lebron James playing defense on college kids?

I wrote this in the last thread, I'm not sure the number, but Luka or Jokic would score, get fouled or get wide open shots for a teammate at the rim or at the three point line every possession.

Their points per possession would be off the charts.

Off the top of my head Giannis, Joker, Embiid, Lebron, AD, Luka, KD, Tatum from a pure physicality/skill combination perspective would probably have ~80-85%+ of their scoring attempts end in points or get fouled. Then when the starters are in foul trouble they’d be committing crimes on the second unit guys.

All except Luke would absolutely own the paint on defense with no illegal defense rules. And Luka would likely own the boards if he felt like it.

16 seeds are overmatched but not incapable. Uconn beat Stetson 91-52 in the most lopsided game of the tournament. You add Lebron’s 60,15,10, on top of Lebron’s defense, Stetson wins the game. They scored 91 without having to deal with Lebron, now the scoring is going to increase to 120-118 range with a prime Lebron James playing defense on college kids?
They were up 40, do you think UConn was giving their best effort? Maybe 110-108? It doesn't really matter... UConn couldn't stop lebron, and Stetson couldn't stop UConn.

I think Lebron is good enough to make it a close game, that could go either way.

They were up 40, do you think UConn was giving their best effort? Maybe 110-108? It doesn't really matter... UConn couldn't stop lebron, and Stetson couldn't stop UConn.

I think Lebron is good enough to make it a close game, that could go either way.
Lebron James not only is one of the greatest wing defenders of all time, he is the single greatest weak side help defender the game of basketball has ever seen, he’s going to literally own the paint defensively, so how is UConn scoring 108? Hit every single 3 and jumper they take? You’re really undermining the difference between the elite NBA players compared to college kids. It’s a different game.

Lebron James not only is one of the greatest wing defenders of all time, he is the single greatest weak side help defender the game of basketball has ever seen, he’s going to literally own the paint defensively, so how is UConn scoring 108? Hit every single 3 and jumper they take? You’re really undermining the difference between the elite NBA players compared to college kids. It’s a different game.

There's not just a difference its how many orders of magnitude difference is there. Being a stud performer night in and night out in the NBA not only means you won the athletic ability/physical measurements lottery, you also outworked everyone else that won that lottery.

all those arguing about dropping prime melo into a game .., now drop prime melo onto a team of absolute suck and have him go up against his freshman all American self , gmac , hak war, etc and convince me hes winning that game.

And why is the nba dude never getting into foul trouble for even 1 game? They could easily face a tough whistle. And they don’t require any rest ? If they’re going to be getting the insane usage rates they would need to single-handedly win 6 games , I’d think they’d have to sit a few minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom