What Kiffen had done | Syracusefan.com

What Kiffen had done

GoSU96

Living Legend
Is what Dino”s original vision was here

Attack outside the hashes with the pass, inside zone runs, fast tempo, but don’t kill your defense with quick 3 and outs.

Happened once.

Last edited:
Someone smarter than me may be able to explain why we abandoned the original concept. Particularly
why we could never recruit to the scheme.

One can only wonder what that offense and the 3-3-5 would have produced.

Was it simply the lack of elite recruiters?

Someone smarter than me may be able to explain why we abandoned the original concept. Particularly

I am definitely not in the “smarter” category.
But I’ve always assumed the OITNF was abandoned because we couldn’t operate it effectively with our challenges at OL. You can’t ask your QB to run around like a chicken and then expect to run your plays at breakneck pace. JMO

OSU and PSU both looking like pooh in their games. (Of course so did we but we weren’t a highly ranked team.)

Big 10 over rated as usual. Michigan the #1 was a joke.
Seriously, the entire West division is garbage and then you have Indiana, MSU, Rutgers and Maryland in the East, weighing that better half down. How is it that much better than the ACC? At least until the PAC 12 teams come in, that will give it a boost

But I’ve always assumed the OITNF was abandoned because we couldn’t operate it effectively with our challenges at OL. You can’t ask your QB to run around like a chicken and then expect to run your plays at breakneck pace. JMO
Didn't Dino say they abandoned it when the substitution rules changed allowing the defense to sub when the offense does? Captain obvious says don't sub then but apparently that was not 3D chess.

OSU and PSU both looking like pooh in their games. (Of course so did we but we weren’t a highly ranked team.)
PSU - you have a good point. But that was hardly the same OSU team from the regular season.

I'm sure recruiting didn't help but I believe when they started the stop the offense if the sub rule is when he went away from it.

Dino was a lazy recruiter. It’s obvious now.

This is a funny thread.

Don’t need to look to Kiffin.

0-45 in Boca.

Is what Dino”s original vision was here

Attack outside the hashes with the pass, inside zone runs, fast tempo, but don’t kill your defense with quick 3 and outs.

Happened once.
That is certainly what he wanted to do, he obviously changed scheme....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom