What Kiffen had done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Kiffen had done

Yeah that was it
The notion you can’t recruit at Syracuse has been dispelled in 4 weeks. Dino was a bad recruiter. Def of insanity is doing same thing and expecting diff result.

It’s not insulting to call him a lazy recruiter. He may prove to be a better hc than Fran in other facets.

Recruiting is building relationships. Takes effort and work. We never built any of these w Dino. It’s ok to say it

The notion you can’t recruit at Syracuse has been dispelled in 4 weeks. Dino was a bad recruiter. Def of insanity is doing same thing and expecting diff result.

It’s not insulting to call him a lazy recruiter. He may prove to be a better hc than Fran in other facets.

Recruiting is building relationships. Takes effort and work. We never built any of these w Dino. It’s ok to say it
Plus all the other excuses we have heard over the years. It’s the weather, it’s the NE, there’s no talent , blah blah blah

Someone smarter than me may be able to explain why we abandoned the original concept. Particularly
why we could never recruit to the scheme.

One can only wonder what that offense and the 3-3-5 would have produced.

Was it simply the lack of elite recruiters?
Because Kiffin is better than Dino.

Exactly, what I’ve learned in last 5 weeks is it’s important to be from somewhere. Dino was from nowhere.

Someone smarter than me may be able to explain why we abandoned the original concept. Particularly
why we could never recruit to the scheme.

One can only wonder what that offense and the 3-3-5 would have produced.

Was it simply the lack of elite recruiters?

Dino's system was the Dave Kingman of Offenses. It was all or nothing, even in 2016 and 2017. It was either a 3 and out or a quick score. The 2018 season was the only outlier. Also it helped that Dungey was extending drives with his legs, which wasn't part of the system.

Didn't Dino say they abandoned it when the substitution rules changed allowing the defense to sub when the offense does? Captain obvious says don't sub then but apparently that was not 3D chess.
No. It was that the refs started slowing it down even when the offense didn't substitute. But I think he blew it out of proportion. Other teams have continued to run that type of tempo. I think he was deflecting because he didn't want to say we couldn't get the personnel to run it

Dino was a lazy recruiter. It’s obvious now.
He wasn't a good enough recruiter. I think only insiders could say if he was a lazy recruiter. Really though, he upgraded the roster at a number of positions but just couldn't at some of the most critical.

I would have liked to have seen if the offense could've worked with Fran's level of recruiting, but someone in the know even said in another thread he's frustrated he hasn't been able to land some of the offensive lineman he's wanted from the portal.

You’re mistaking some things here. Mediocre recruiting w Babers vs elite recruiting with Fran. I don’t think more effort by Babers would have turned it up. Hiring a great recruiter or two would have helped.

Well, at least we never saw pictures of him sleeping at a recruiting event with his mouth hanging open ...

You all who don't like that comment can live in denial about how that was used against us in recruiting for several year by other schools.

You all who don't like that comment can live in denial about how that was used against us in recruiting for several year by other schools.

That only proves that said coach could out recruit Dino in his sleep.

Not even sure why you brought JB up in this thread.

OSU and PSU both looking like pooh in their games. (Of course so did we but we weren’t a highly ranked team.)
Yes but they have there full staffs and we were a team in shambles with most player checked out. Seemed we were more concerned with enjoying the beach. Prolly because a majority of our roster is going to be told to hit the road.

lol. People act like he was sleeping while watching a recruit. Where is everyone else? Why are the seats empty?

OSU and PSU both looking like pooh in their games. (Of course so did we but we weren’t a highly ranked team.)

Florida State looked like poo too. But I think most people realize almost everyone was out, they only had 29 scholarship players in the game - and as a result the game was a farce. Even Kirby acknowledged that.

While most teams don’t have that extreme a situation, I’d argue non-playoff bowl games are a farce at this point - and anyone thinking the results indicate anything is trapped mentally in about 1996. The games are highly financialized scrimmages that only exist due to history…and probably an unwillingness of many to accept just how pointless they are.

Once people stop being suckers getting invested in scrimmages, I think a lot of these games would evaporate.

lol. People act like he was sleeping while watching a recruit. Where is everyone else? Why are the seats empty?

Doesn't matter. It was a social media meme, for goodness sake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom