what kind of money does Cincy pay coaches | Syracusefan.com

what kind of money does Cincy pay coaches

kcsu

Living Legend
I would say that out of every school that is in our boat from a budget stand point cincy seems to do a heck of a job with coaches and i doubt that they pay them over 1.5 a year. If Cincy can do it you would think that with Syracuse moving to the ACC we should have a slew of coaches we can hire in the 1.5-2m range. Not sure what Addaz got at BC or what Golden is making at Miami not to mention an OC or DC at a college or NFL team. Im sure Doug got a bump in pay when he left the Saints he was an OC there and we hired him for around 1.3. In addition not sure what our budget is for staff but we all agree this staff is really good. So i would think that if Doc threw another 1-2m on top of the current total staff budget we should be in pretty good shape to retain this group or go outside and attract a solid coach

wow that surprises me i was thinking more in the 1.5 range

Cincy is now in a due or die scenario. They saw what happened between LVille and UConn. You can say, they at least are trying to go "all in" to assure their seat in the next wave of conference realignment.

Cincy is now in a due or die scenario. They saw what happened between LVille and UConn. You can say, they at least are trying to go "all in" to assure their seat in the next wave of conference realignment.

Correct. Cincy knows that football is much more important than basketball - 3 or 4 times more important - and it is paying what it takes to stay in the game.

Syracuse will either invest, ala Stanford, to make its football as competitive as possible, or it will be happy to ride its basketball with the safety net of ACC membership and revert back to that from which it just emerged.

Kelly made $1.45M his last year and Jones made $1.76M this past season. Tuberville will indeed make $2.2M which is "market rate" accorning to their AD. Have to remember that Tuberville has a lot more experience (years) than either Kelly or Jones.

I would say that out of every school that is in our boat from a budget stand point cincy seems to do a heck of a job with coaches and i doubt that they pay them over 1.5 a year. If Cincy can do it you would think that with Syracuse moving to the ACC we should have a slew of coaches we can hire in the 1.5-2m range. Not sure what Addaz got at BC or what Golden is making at Miami not to mention an OC or DC at a college or NFL team. Im sure Doug got a bump in pay when he left the Saints he was an OC there and we hired him for around 1.3. In addition not sure what our budget is for staff but we all agree this staff is really good. So i would think that if Doc threw another 1-2m on top of the current total staff budget we should be in pretty good shape to retain this group or go outside and attract a solid coach
Cincy also needs a new coach every two or three years - so they can't be paying that much if every coach they hire leaves after 2 or 3 seasons

they're very good at hiring good coaches - not so good at retaining good coaches

Cincy also needs a new coach every two or three years - so they can't be paying that much if every coach they hire leaves after 2 or 3 seasons

they're very good at hiring good coaches - not so good at retaining good coaches

That is partly due to the fact that it has only recently reached Major conference status in football and by a thread ready to break. If Syracuse thinks that because it is not stuck in the dying BE it can afford to go cheap, it is stupid.

Here is the reality: FSU football is being rebuilt toward a monster in terms of super depth of talent that can win a National title. Clemson is right on FSU's heels. Louisville is going to enter the Atlantic division ranked no lower than #15, perhaps Top 10. NCSU just got a coaching upgrade, as did BC. Wake has the best overall HC in the ACC and thus wins 1-3 league games every year it definitely should not win based on talent.

If Syracuse goes cheap and makes a stupid hire (say, like UNC hiring Torbush and then Bunting), Syracuse could find itself looking at 7th or 6th, no better than 5th, place teams in the division for years. Syracuse could become the new Dook.

That is partly due to the fact that it has only recently reached Major conference status in football and by a thread ready to break. If Syracuse thinks that because it is not stuck in the dying BE it can afford to go cheap, it is stupid.

Here is the reality: FSU football is being rebuilt toward a monster in terms of super depth of talent that can win a National title. Clemson is right on FSU's heels. Louisville is going to enter the Atlantic division ranked no lower than #15, perhaps Top 10. NCSU just got a coaching upgrade, as did BC. Wake has the best overall HC in the ACC and thus wins 1-3 league games every year it definitely should not win based on talent.

If Syracuse goes cheap and makes a stupid hire (say, like UNC hiring Torbush and then Bunting), Syracuse could find itself looking at 7th or 6th, no better than 5th, place teams in the division for years. Syracuse could become the new Dook.
preaching to the choir here WB - this is the time where SU needs to decide if they want to be a legitimate FB program in the ACC or become a punching bag for the conference and national punchline in football

everyone hopes they are smart enough to not go the cheap route - but unfortunately they're not sure that's the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom