What makes him such as great coach? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What makes him such as great coach?

Ugh. I'm just about done defending myself here. If Marrone goes, we'll see who is right 2 years down the road. Just because I used big coaching names doesn't make it ridiculous. The points are valid. Look at what Brian Kelly did for Cinci and look what Bill Snyder did for Kansas State. Took after thought programs and made them contenders. Those are true coaches.

Saban and Miles get it done with what they got.

In the 12 years before Nick Saban took over at LSU that program won 10+ games one time and had EIGHT losing seasons. They had six losing seasons in a row between 1989-1994, and two immediately prior to him being hired. So the idea that he walked into some golden situation is simply not true. Was it "easier" than Syracuse? Relatively speaking, sure. But to think that Nick Saban couldn't have gone 25-25 in 4 years at SU is ludicrous.

Let's say Gross managed to land Chip Kelly back in 2009, could he have gone 25-25?

Poi
In the 12 years before Nick Saban took over at LSU that program won 10+ games one time and had EIGHT losing seasons. They had six losing seasons in a row between 1989-1994, and two immediately prior to him being hired. So the idea that he walked into some golden situation is simply not true. Was it "easier" than Syracuse? Relatively speaking, sure. But to think that Nick Saban couldn't have gone 25-25 in 4 years at SU is ludicrous.

Let's say Gross managed to land Chip Kelly back in 2009, could he have gone 25-25?

Point taken. So when Marrone leaves, Syracuse just needs to find a Nick Saban or Chip Kelly.

Poi

Point taken. So when Marrone leaves, Syracuse just needs to find a Nick Saban or Chip Kelly.

Or maybe some guy who has the experience of being the only offensive coordinator in the NFL who didn't call plays on gameday and has never been a head coach before in his life.

Okay, scooch. But what I'm saying is that--to your admission--Marrone took on a more difficult task than what was before Saban and came out successful. These guys aren't a dime a dozen.

To me it's not about DM leaving or not. It's about the commitment and future commitment of SU to the FB program.

I could not agree more. Its more about SU's committment to the football program not Coach Marrone.

DM might not be a great salesman when it comes to recruits, but I suspect winning will fix that problem for him. How many times do you hear a recruit say they want to play for X coach without even meeting them or visiting the campus? Quite a lot, I'd imagine.

In back to back years he's blown out a team that has gone on to blow out their BCS game opponent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom