What makes the Dome best venue in country? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What makes the Dome best venue in country?

biggest on campus arena
serve beer
large student section
huge crowds
history of players
traditions standing before first bucket
Knowledge fans
dime foams

In line with the piss poor officiating thread, what makes the Dome great is the theatrics.
George Hicker getting thrown out, Ref you Suck! chants.
Big head posters and student chants, D'onte sitting in on the drum kit
The dome ranger, Otto and the Saltine Warrior
The retired jerseys
And year after year of great games, CNYs beating heart can be found there

Then what happened?

Some local band probably leaked an expletive during a song. There's only one way to prevent that from happening again... more cornhole.

Some local band probably leaked an expletive during a song. There's only one way to prevent that from happening again... more cornhole.
well they did have a small band stage last weekend, so it has to be something else.

really could use some board historian research on this.

In line with the piss poor officiating thread, what makes the Dome great is the theatrics.
George Hicker getting thrown out, Ref you Suck! chants.
Big head posters and student chants, D'onte sitting in on the drum kit
The dome ranger, Otto and the Saltine Warrior
The retired jerseys
And year after year of great games, CNYs beating heart can be found there
We used to also do the kiss cam. That got ixnayed. The simba cam seemed promising. Haven't seen that in a while. How about the dance off? That also seemed popular. Haven't seen that lately. They did have a dunking horse last game at halftime. That was good.

biggest on campus arena
serve beer
large student section
huge crowds
history of players
traditions standing before first bucket
Knowledge fans
dime foams

A full crowd.

Dome with blue curtain - 10

Dome without blue curtain - 9.5
Wildhack emailed back saying the new configuration with the video broad precludes any kind of a partition. Ok, fair enough, let's see how that works. If that was the end of the response then that would be perfectly ok for what we currently know. But then he went on to say that the curtain removal opens up seating that wasn't previously accessible. He's referring to the couple thousand long-range nosebleeder seats that only get used once a year... maybe.

That's where I call BS. For those 1 or 2 games they could pinch the curtain back or just remove it altogether. It's not that hard to maneuver.

We used to also do the kiss cam. That got ixnayed. The simba cam seemed promising. Haven't seen that in a while. How about the dance off? That also seemed popular. Haven't seen that lately. They did have a dunking horse last game at halftime. That was good.
A horse dunked on a 10 foot basket? That is extraordinary

Fans made the dome into one of the top college BB venues. Many of you here ARE those fans. For many kids, they'll never play in front of a larger, louder, knowledgeable, appreciative, or more intense crowd...college or pro. The dome has been a great place for CNY to celebrate winter by piling into a car and driving through the snow to watch one of the best traditions in any sports town. But it's taken all of you to make it thrive for so long. Many of us moved away hoping we could avoid winter. The rest of you remained in the area and committed to support the team in person. What makes the dome the best venue in the country? You do...

We got this far with our favorite things about the Dome and no one has mentioned pee troughs? Shocking.

CLIFTONPARKSUFAN ALL OVER IT-
POST #3!
Pee troughs are the answer. Yes, we have great fans, and the dome is a phenomenal place to watch a big game. But those stainless steel pee troughs take us above MSG, Ruff, Phog and everywhere else.

#domestainlesssteelpeetroughsforever

Carrier Dome (even when new) to me has always felt more bunker than B and B. more concrete than comfort.

Carrier Dome (even when new) to me has always felt more bunker than B and B. more concrete than comfort.
True, I think it has much to do with the poor yellowish lighting in the corridors. Hopefully they get some new lights. There is so much cost savings and better lighting in new products. I also like the wrapping that's been going up over the last few years. I would like to see more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom