what new assistant wants to work for a lame duck coach? | Syracusefan.com

what new assistant wants to work for a lame duck coach?

kcsu

Living Legend
Im not sure Doug will have much luck hiring any new assistant coaches considering he will be a lame duck coach next year. He might attract someone from a staff that was let go but who is going to come to syracuse knowing that next year could be the Dougers last?

There is very little chance that next year will be Doug's last as the head coach at Syracuse. Syraucse "is not in the business of firing coaches." Marrone will be given another two years to show what he is capable of doing, right or wrong.

Im not sure Doug will have much luck hiring any new assistant coaches considering he will be a lame duck coach next year. He might attract someone from a staff that was let go but who is going to come to syracuse knowing that next year could be the Dougers last?

The author of this post doesn't appear to know much about SU and the history of coaches at SU.

The author of this post doesn't appear to know much about SU and the history of coaches at SU.

Kc's on the Marrone kicked my dog list. All in. But way too early.

The author of the post has provided more funding to the program and has been associated with this program longer than most. The author of this post supported the hiring of DM. The author of this post is here to tell you that if Doug shits the bed next year he will be fired.

There is very little chance that next year will be Doug's last as the head coach at Syracuse. Syraucse "is not in the business of firing coaches." Marrone will be given another two years to show what he is capable of doing, right or wrong.

I think you are probably right. This year was not like the historically awful GRob years. In fact, this year was better than GRob's BEST year.

The bowl last year probably bought Doug a small "get out of jail free" card.

That said, our BE record under Doug has been very bad. His team was very undisciplined this year and we will soon be going to a new conference where the standards for job retention at SU might have to change.

We'll have to wait and see what happens if we suck next year.

I think in part how long DM has is tied to when we get out of BE. We need to have our ducks lined up for entry. Don't see 2012 as entry year. Will it be 2013 or 2014? In any case, I hope it's DM. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk