what non flipped helmet P's you off the most? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what non flipped helmet P's you off the most?

Cincy bothers me the most. 21 points left off the board.

Rutgers a close 2nd. Total yardage domination and a 10 point swing where we broke down on one of the basics.

NW 3rd.

Minny just wasn't our day. USC was too tall an order that early on.

Minny. They flat out suck. Only bad team we lost to all season. And if we beat Minny then we likely end up ahead of UL, RU, Cincy and make the BCS.

Order of importance: Cinci, Rutgers, usc, nw, minne

How the games actually played out:

NW- hit out of bounds call when the guy was 2 yards in bounds
Cinci- 2 blatant cinci fumbles not called correctly, dropped pick 6.
Minne- we didnt really show up and continuosly shot oursleves in the foot in the red zone
Rutgers- one fluke play for a 10 point swing but its not that much of a fluke against a team that blocks so many kicks regardless of the slip
USC- our a game mightve gotten it done, our b game kept in within reach but fell short

This year- NW.

That game was given away.

Sales fumble- Smith lateral- Lyn penalty.

Ugh.

I don't know how anybody can choose anything but Rutgers. If we beat RU we win the BE outright, go to the BCS, and relegate RU to the Compass Bowl.
I'm with you. Besides the huge reason you cite, it typified our early-season frustration. We completely dominated RU statistically, but saw the game outcome turn on a single play that resulted in a 10 point swing (blocked FG returned 75 yds. for TD).

The RU or Cincy game because if we win either game we're the big east champs. All the losses were quite frustrating...the NW game because of all the weird stuff that went for TD's...the Minny game because it just looked like you're in a nightmare and just can't move to stop things from happening and the USC game when a couple of huge runs determined our fate and it would have been glorious to have beaten the #2 team and that punk coach.

My order would be:
1. Rutgers because we handed it to them and we win the conference with that win. Cincy doesn't bother me as much because we just don't match up with them as well.
2. Northwestern because we had the game won. The combination of our "lack of prevent" defense and Northwestern's twelfth man wearing stripes gave it back.
3. Minnesota because we're just better. It doesn't bother me as much as the others because that happens. Sometimes you just lay an egg and lose to an inferior team, and we were still figuring ourselves out at that point.

Great topic!
I also say Rutgers, not only due to the fact that SU would be in a BCS bowl with either a Rutgers or Cincy win, but also because that was the first game that we realized that the Big Least refs were going to be in our way this season. I, too, do not normally complain about officiating, but when it's so blatantly obvious it becomes difficult to ignore.

Even with all of that, SU made too many of its own mistakes in that game and still had a great opportunity to win - but just hadn't learned how to win yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom