What ONE thing are you looking forward to see the most next year?? | Syracusefan.com

What ONE thing are you looking forward to see the most next year??

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
For me it would be CJ and Triches ability to attack the lane the second they recieve the ball.
I think we are going to go to that alot early in the season and its going to pay off good from day one. Especially with their consistant midrange pullup when they get themselves into trouble. Our bigs got to make some freethrows though.

For what its worth I heard from somebody that was at the practices, that late in the season Dion, Triche, and Scoop had a hard time defending against MCW's speed as well.

I think this year has the chance to be our most balanced scoring a while.

I know we've always had "balance", as in 3-4 guys around 10ppg or so (give or take 1 or 2ppg either way) then someone like Kris/Wes/Rick around 14-16ppg.

But I could legitimately see MCW, Triche, Fair and Southerland all averaging around 15ppg.

The one thing I look for is the player who adopts Dion's 'hell-bent-for-leather' attitude.

It might be Brandon in his last year, or it might come from an unexpected place.

After watching Dion for a year, MCW and TC should be hungry. DC2, who showed a special talent in the all-star games, has some fire in his belly, and has a chance to put up big rebounding numbers and give us the inside scoring threat we haven't had sine 2010. Rak has all the tools, if his BB IQ catches up; JS -- looking to add some drive and consistency to his spot-up game, and CJ, who is an outside jumpshot away from being another classic SU wing player.

CJ playing at his true position, the 3. Heck guess I'll throw in Rak @ 4 and DC2 @ 5. Why stop there? MCW Cooney and Triche backcourt. Man I cant wait till this season.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think this year has the chance to be our most balanced scoring a while.

I know we've always had "balance", as in 3-4 guys around 10ppg or so (give or take 1 or 2ppg either way) then someone like Kris/Wes/Rick around 14-16ppg.

But I could legitimately see MCW, Triche, Fair and Southerland all averaging around 15ppg.

Triche averaged 9.4 last year, CJ 8.5, and Southerland 6.8
I 100 percent agree we could be our most balenced in a long time scoring in terms of true scorers. KJO, Scoop, and Melo never really impressed in that department the last 2 years as much as I loved them.

15 ppg would be quite the accomplishment given that though. I do however feel Triche was held back 1.5-2 points by Dion, and will up his average even another point or two and be around the 13-15 ppg range. Asking alot of CJ to move further out of the post, but I think James could be just the cure to move him back into the post for half of the time. With DC and Rak on the floor together teams might try zoning us and we might need James or Cooney out there to help some. MCW last I heard was still lacking the jumper at that time, but got to the rim good and was developing another gear by the end of the year. I heard in practice that cooney was a better defender then people gave him credit for and got to the rim in practice well. He wasn't just a sit in the corner and shoot it type like some of the AAU reviews gave. Plus he worked really hard on his body while redshirting.

1. Southerland to realize he can do it all and then do so -- all the time.
2. Cooney to be as good as I am hoping for.

Landry Field's girlfriend again.

Great topic! For me, it's Coleman. I have no idea how he will do. I've seen reports he can help immediately, and I've seen ones saying he is a 4-year player. I'm interested in seeing him perform either way... A close second is seeing how much Christmas and Carter-Williams can up their games.

Great topic! For me, it's Coleman. I have no idea how he will do. I've seen reports he can help immediately, and I've seen ones saying he is a 4-year player. I'm interested in seeing him perform either way... A close second is seeing how much Christmas and Carter-Williams can up their games.

I think Coleman will be good but I think some are over-estimating his immediate production. I am looking forward to seeing what Cooney can do, as well as if Triche has what it takes to be the senior leader we'll need. I also can't wait for more 1-handed Keita dunks.

I think Coleman will be good but I think some are over-estimating his immediate production. I am looking forward to seeing what Cooney can do, as well as if Triche has what it takes to be the senior leader we'll need. I also can't wait for more 1-handed Keita dunks.
Coleman will be a good contributor next year and he won't be around for 4 years.

One handed dunks? I can't wait to see if Keita can finally make two-handed catches...

Answers that shouldn't be allowed in this thread -

- Man to man defense
- Pressing to start the game
- Using 10 or 11 men during the heat of the Big East season
- JB using a hanky instead of his finger (sorry, had to do it)

By the way, my actual answer is James with about 20 pounds of muscle put on but still able to hit that shot from deep outside on a 40% basis. I want him to be a reliable big gobbling up rebounds as well as a scorer.

-Rak and Southy rotating at the 4 and the rediculous blocks they will get as the weakside help.

- How tiny we make opposing teams look when we go 6'8, 6'9, 6'8, 6'4, 6'5 in the zone

I would really like to see another outright BE title.

That would really cement SU as the top dog as we leave the Big East (3 out of the last 4 outright and all the overall records).

I'm looking forward to JB continuing to play the deep bench. He's got good frosh coming in, and if he needs to start them to get them playing time, so be it. Get everyone involved in the game and let the coach move the pieces around as the game unfolds. Put an end to that "best player crippled by foul trouble at crunch time" that bums out so many games. Loved the extended bench last year, and I'm looking forward to its return!-VBOF

I forgot to mention keeping our regular season OOC unbeaten streak. Does anyone have the exact number how high our OOC streak (including tournament games) got when we lost 2 years ago to Marquette?

Tough call.

For me, I guess it's gotta be seeing MCW taking the reins. In limited minutes this year, he put together some pretty impressive stretches. Really excited to see what he does with starter's minutes.

Some other things:
- Coleman. We've been hearing about this kid forever it seems. very interested to see how he performs.
- Cooney. His shot looked great in the exhibition games. We've seen that before, but I'm still hopeful it will be more of a regular thing from him.
- Fair. Kids gonna be a star his senior year, looking forward to see how he matures this year. He's got a high IQ game, and a touch (maybe less) of range. Looking forward to see how his game continues to progress.
-Southerland. It's all between the ears for this kid. If he can get that figured out, this team can be special.

I big man that can rebound and possesses an offensive skill set from the day he steps on campus. I'm not expecting DC2 to come in and be an immediate double/double guy, but I think he'll be the most skilled freshman big man we've had since the original DC, and I won't be at all surprised if he gives us 10 rpg this year.

Coleman will be a good contributor next year and he won't be around for 4 years.
I will tell you this: DC has become a very serious young man when it comes to academics. He is not as gifted in the classroom as on the court, but he has worked extremely hard the last 3 years to graduate and be eligible. I wouldn't discount the allure of a degree for him and his family. Now, if he is top 20 pick, then he should go

Basketball wise, I am looking most forward to DC making outlet passes.