What PGs are ahead of Ennis in Draft? | Syracusefan.com

What PGs are ahead of Ennis in Draft?

AlpoTitan

Walk On
Most mock drafts have Dante Exum, the Australian teenager who looks like a MCW clone from the brief glimpses of video I have seen, is projected in top 4-6 by several prognisticators.

Who else may be ahead of TE among point guards? Zack LaVine of UCLA? Either of the Harrison twins if they declare for the draft (especially if KY makes the Final Four)? Any seniors?

I love TE's game but I am not sure if the combine will bring him back to the pack based on potential. Will be interesting to see his measurables. Dion, MCW and Jonny Flynn delivered some outstanding numbers at the combine, which lifted their draft positioning. Not sure the same will happen with TE.

Exum, Smart and Ennis will 99.99% be the first 3 PG's taken. Exum will most likely go first. Tossup between who goes next between Smart/Ennis.

I'd guess that Exum and Smart will for sure go ahead of Ennis. After that, who knows? Things can change once we get into the NBA workouts and stuff. Someone like Elfrid Payton could jump ahead of him. I think being the 3rd PG taken is probably his ceiling, and even that could cause him to slip to the end of the top 20.

I'd guess that Exum and Smart will for sure go ahead of Ennis. After that, who knows? Things can change once we get into the NBA workouts and stuff. Someone like Elfrid Payton could jump ahead of him. I think being the 3rd PG taken is probably his ceiling, and even that could cause him to slip to the end of the top 20.

Do they do defensive drills and mock matchups in those workouts? I keep wondering about Ennis trying to play man to man and how he would do with that, but I never saw him before he got to the Cuse.

Anyone got any thoughts on that side of his play?

Do they do defensive drills and mock matchups in those workouts? I keep wondering about Ennis trying to play man to man and how he would do with that, but I never saw him before he got to the Cuse.

Anyone got any thoughts on that side of his play?

As far as I know, he was considered a poor defender in high school, much like I imagine he'll be in the NBA. But I honestly didn't pay THAT much attention to his defense in high school since a lot of kids take plays off in high school.

I imagine he won't take part in those drills at the combine, but he might take part in them during individual team workouts. Hard to tell. I'm pretty sure Trey Burke refused to work out with any other PGs because he didn't think there was anything to gain from being matched up with other PGs. Dion didn't work out for anybody at all. Everyone approaches the workouts differently.

As far as I know, he was considered a poor defender in high school, much like I imagine he'll be in the NBA. But I honestly didn't pay THAT much attention to his defense in high school since a lot of kids take plays off in high school.

I imagine he won't take part in those drills at the combine, but he might take part in them during individual team workouts. Hard to tell. I'm pretty sure Trey Burke refused to work out with any other PGs because he didn't think there was anything to gain from being matched up with other PGs. Dion didn't work out for anybody at all. Everyone approaches the workouts differently.

And why again is he projected to go so high in the draft? I really don't understand the NBA talent evaluation process.

If they could, they'd be drafting kids right out of middle school.

That just blows my mind that TE could go anywhere near the 6th pick in the draft. No knock on him and love his game but I just don't see it.
I agree. What made scout love MCW, his size and athletecism, is Ennis' weakest aspect, will this make scouts skeptical?

Kyrie is considered one of the top point guards and he is awful on defense. As long as you're not Raymond Felton bad on defense GMs will probably overlook that to some degree.

Kyrie is considered one of the top point guards and he is awful on defense. As long as you're not Raymond Felton bad on defense GMs will probably overlook that to some degree.

This comparison to Kyrie has to stop (this isn't directed at you specifically LI). Kyrie and Ennis are two completely opposite types of PG and what Kyrie gives up on the defensive end he more than makes up for on the other end. Will Ennis' game translate to the Association such that he continues to be able to get to the rim at will with his offspeed stuff? I don't know, but I know he doesn't have nearly the same shot or athleticism as Kyrie either.

johnny dion mcw i could see. ennis just seems like more of a stretch. i hope he goes top 15 makes a ton of money and lights it up. once orange always orange

I agree. What made scout love MCW, his size and athletecism, is Ennis' weakest aspect, will this make scouts skeptical?

Ennis is 6'2 how is that a negative?

I think anderson from ucla could jump him. Napier is an nba player but too small to get drafted that high.

Nbadraft.net has marcus smart, kyle anderson, dante exum, zach lavine, and elfrid payton from louisiana lafayette before ennis. They have anderson listed as a sf.

What are Florida's Wilbekin's draft chances especially if Florida keeps advancing? How about Russ Smith? Just wondering. I know both aren't projected as high as Tyler but 6 foot Peyton Siva has stuck in the NBA.

Wonder how much the success of Dion and MCW have made NBA teams to make sure they value SU guards?

I can't see nay way Ennis cracks the top 8. No knock on him but check out the names on NBAdraft.net. If they all come out, he would be very hard pressed to crack the top 10 or 12. On top of that, there are always some guys that really open eyes during workouts, which I don't see as his strength. On an aside, Grant should come back. He needs to show more offensive perimeter skills.

What's with all the Ennis hate? Sheesh...this fan base falls out of love in a hurry.

Tyler has that "IT" factor. The game just seems to slow down for him. Rarely out of control. His shot will come along IMO. Ennis is going to be a baller. Definite top 10 pick...my guess is 6-9 range.

Nbadraft.net has marcus smart, kyle anderson, dante exum, zach lavine, and elfrid payton from louisiana lafayette before ennis. They have anderson listed as a sf.

NBAdraft.net is one of the most poorly informed sites on the internet. I wouldn't put much stock into their projections.

I don't think top 10. I believe he is going to end up 12-20.

But I still agree with his decision. A mature player can develop better in the nba with limited minutes imo.