What postition does BJ Johnson play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What postition does BJ Johnson play

his ballhandling is shaky potatoes, the bad kind, for a guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
BJ will be fine. Could he have used a redshirt sure, but you also have to realize that he can't travel with the team, and would have missed the Maui trip. At first I was all for red shirting since I figured he wasn't going to get much play, but realizing how much valuable experience you can get from traveling with the team I think it will be beneficial that he didn't RS

As far as his play he is a young kid. He still has to mature physically. I'm guessing a lot right now is just a lack of confidence. All that will come in time. He will be a big time contributor his JR and SR year, and hopefully some next year as well. And he is definitely a 3. Playing the position that suits him best will help.

Trevor was awful last year as well. Johnson is limiting himself to basically taking threes. Hard for players to get any rhythm going when you don't play much and limit your shot attempts to behind the arc.

Hard to get a feel for where he'll play down he road. Lola like a three, plays like a two. I think he'll play both over time...but his release is too slow for the 2.

We have to remember that he is one of, if not thee youngest freshman in college basketball.

I think he would have greatly benefited from red shirting.

However, I believe this kid will, by his junior or senior year, become a great player. I think that BJ will become that "this kid stayed four years and look at how much he succeeded" kid... in a positive light.

BJ, Buss and Beast aren't Ennis, Randle, Parker or Wiggins. They aren't quite ready to contribute and shock & awe people.

We'll be looking back in a couple years and laugh about worrying about these kids. BJ's just too young to start doubting him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom