What Really Matters This Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Really Matters This Year

We have a few of the best WRs in the state of Florida for what we're looking to do, and some incredible athletes on both sides of the ball. Upgraded size and team speed, and added kids from high school football factories.

Yes, it is a solid group, incrementally better than the 2016 class, just as the 2016 class was incrementally better than the 2015 class with Dungey. Lots of WR prospects, only one of whom is rated top 100 at the position. For OL and DL, the 2016 class might end up contributing more than this group. The 2017 group is a work in progress -- hoping for Babers to work more magic.

On the main theme of this thread (how much does it matter how the 2016 season ends), I believe it does for the perception of the program. How we did in recruiting before Nov 1 does not really speak to that.

at our apex what is the highest ranked class we've had. I know this didn't become an officially ranked system until 20 years ago or so but what would we consider the late 80s/90s classes at? I assume we never cracked a hypothetical top 15-20 at any point in the post 1980 era.

I haven't gone back to look, and yes, recruiting tracking was different pre-Internet, but the McNabb class and those on either side of him, were outstanding. Had to rank in the top 20 or so nationally. Lots of pros played on those teams.

Winning one of the next two would really help to build some momentum going into next year, you don't want to end on a big losing streak.

Yeah, after getting screwed vs. NC State, Pitt has become a must win game. I think Florida State's athletes make that a very tall ask. Even though Pitt just pulled off a huge win, I think we have a better chance against them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom