What seed and how far | Syracusefan.com

What seed and how far

If you have a good backup combo guard, a beefy back up center and instant offense type forward coming off the bench then they would still be playing in this tourney IMO.

Note: Everyone of those guys showed early potential but took time to develop.

Who do we sub in when we're on defense?

Aside from Joe (who is viewed as a hobbit with the foot speed of an injured sloth) I actually don’t think the defense in that group would be bad.

I haven’t kept up on watching any of these guys, but I remember Kadary being fine on D. Braswell is a plus athlete, at least. Guerrier defends well. Jesse defends well for a bean pole.

sweet 16 caliber team. What I don't get is why it seems Cuse has gotten the crap end of the stick with the portal. We've become a younger and worse team year after year since the portal has become the norm. Other teams seem they can keep their players and capitalize on their upperclassman experience.

sweet 16 caliber team. What I don't get is why it seems Cuse has gotten the crap end of the stick with the portal. We've become a younger and worse team year after year since the portal has become the norm. Other teams seem they can keep their players and capitalize on their upperclassman experience.
Great point. Ask yourself why we have gotten younger/worse and who has left (we may not know the exact reasons but the writing is on the wall and between the lines). Seems like players left for more playing time/starting spots because they beleived they were better then players playing in front of them is the main reason. We've heard players being told they weren't starting the next year at the end of the previous year. (KR) Predetermined starting spots should not happen and promising recruits (and their parents/handlers starting spots should never happen, but they do and don't pretend they don't. And why can we see it as fans that a bench player should be starting but our coaches can't. I know there are always reasons behind the scenes. Also I'm sure players have left for less drama and better teammates. Hence JG's quote after last nights game.

Great point. Ask yourself why we have gotten younger/worse and who has left (we may not know the exact reasons but the writing is on the wall and between the lines). Seems like players left for more playing time/starting spots because they beleived they were better then players playing in front of them is the main reason. We've heard players being told they weren't starting the next year at the end of the previous year. (KR) Predetermined starting spots should not happen and promising recruits (and their parents/handlers starting spots should never happen, but they do and don't pretend they don't. And why can we see it as fans that a bench player should be starting but our coaches can't. I know there are always reasons behind the scenes. Also I'm sure players have left for less drama and better teammates. Hence JG's quote after last nights game.
I missed his quote: what was it?

Three guesses and the first two do not count.

Aside from Joe (who is viewed as a hobbit with the foot speed of an injured sloth) I actually don’t think the defense in that group would be bad.

I haven’t kept up on watching any of these guys, but I remember Kadary being fine on D. Braswell is a plus athlete, at least. Guerrier defends well. Jesse defends well for a bean pole.
JB even referred today to Joe's D. He said he thought it would be good for him to go to Clemson because they needed a 2 but he had a concern because they play tough D. But he did add that Joe has improved his D. "Some" I think he said or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom