What Shafer didnt say in is post game Conf | Syracusefan.com

What Shafer didnt say in is post game Conf

kcsu

Living Legend
I have listened twice to HCSS post game and the second time it hit me. He raved about how his DC had the guys ready to play. Really praised the D and really praised the DC. He was silent about McDonald. Not a word. Also i believe he started to say " We have some things to work on... " truly felt he was going to say O but he caught himself and said " both sides of the ball". I promise you that McDonald is going to get a hell of a lot more attention this week and the rest of the year than he has all spring and fall. The Rose is most likely off the bloom after what was a completely BS performance by our new OC. Play calling was horrible. The fact that the players had to wait forever is inexcusable. Why he didnt make changes at the half and go to a full huddle is beyond me. Way to many moving parts. Bringing Morris in for a carry when he did i mean wow what the heck was he thinking. The last drive was a total disaster. 10 points scored by this O is a joke. Players not on the same page at all. In short a complete disaster cant sugar coat it McDonald had a lot to do with our losing this game. I hope that he has the chops to grow up quick or it is going to be a very long season.

I have listened twice to HCSS post game and the second time it hit me. He raved about how his DC had the guys ready to play. Really praised the D and really praised the DC. He was silent about McDonald. Not a word. Also i believe he started to say " We have some things to work on... " truly felt he was going to say O but he caught himself and said " both sides of the ball". I promise you that McDonald is going to get a hell of a lot more attention this week and the rest of the year than he has all spring and fall. The Rose is most likely off the bloom after what was a completely BS performance by our new OC. Play calling was horrible. The fact that the players had to wait forever is inexcusable. Why he didnt make changes at the half and go to a full huddle is beyond me. Way to many moving parts. Bringing Morris in for a carry when he did i mean wow what the heck was he thinking. The last drive was a total disaster. 10 points scored by this O is a joke. Players not on the same page at all. In short a complete disaster cant sugar coat it McDonald had a lot to do with our losing this game. I hope that he has the chops to grow up quick or it is going to be a very long season.

Why start another post to rip McDonald again? The first one is barely 5 minutes old.

I won't Blame the staff for trying to minimize mistakes in the first game by going with the experience players Smith, and Gulley, by trying to run the ball. If we get the same thing against Northwestern, who again couldn't stop anybody, the we have a problem.

Take thread from first half of last season. Remove the name of Nathaniel Hackett and insert George McDonald.

I'm disappointed with the way the O looked yesterday, but there's plenty of blame to go around. The offensive line didn't play as well as it did the last half of last season. Allen seemed to stare at receivers a lot, indicating he's not completely in control of the offense and/or on the same page as his receivers yet. He also seemed pretty inaccurate at times. Receivers in general seemed pretty pedestrian. McDonald didn't call a great game. Some of this may have been trying to protect Allen from mistakes, but the play has to get signaled in quicker. We weren't creative enough with trying to get the ball to Broyld. He's our best playmaker with the ball in his hands. We need to force feed it to him just like Penn St. did with Robinson.

Most of this shouldn't be surprise. We're replacing a first round draft pick O-lineman, a fourth round pick at quarterback, and an offensive coordinator that had three years to get familiar with his players and familiarize his players with his system.

I'm hopeful we'll get better as the season progresses. I just hope we can make strides this week so we're not too far behind the 8 ball by the time we get to conference play.

Take thread from first half of last season. Remove the name of Nathaniel Hackett and insert George McDonald.

I'm disappointed with the way the O looked yesterday, but there's plenty of blame to go around. The offensive line didn't play as well as it did the last half of last season. Allen seemed to stare at receivers a lot, indicating he's not completely in control of the offense and/or on the same page as his receivers yet. He also seemed pretty inaccurate at times. Receivers in general seemed pretty pedestrian. McDonald didn't call a great game. Some of this may have been trying to protect Allen from mistakes, but the play has to get signaled in quicker. We weren't creative enough with trying to get the ball to Broyld. He's our best playmaker with the ball in his hands. We need to force feed it to him just like Penn St. did with Robinson.

Most of this shouldn't be surprise. We're replacing a first round draft pick O-lineman, a fourth round pick at quarterback, and an offensive coordinator that had three years to get familiar with his players and familiarize his players with his system.

I'm hopeful we'll get better as the season progresses. I just hope we can make strides this week so we're not too far behind the 8 ball by the time we get to conference play.
My fear is that they did not seem organized at all. I really dont think we had more than a series that looked like the communication was solid. 8 in the box on first down take advantage of Becket. Dont put your frosh RB in the game and give him the ball in the situation that McDonald did. Clark got seperation why take him out? The middle was open all day Pstate was taking away the swing and sideline routes. What was with the use of the FB? Only one QB keeper? Again my concern is not that we lost but that we looked lost.

Agree 100%. Complete show

I hope they can take what they learned in week one and turn it around for week two. The team and the staff have a lot of work to do. Here's looking foward to another exciting game, but with a victory. GO CUSE!

Why don't we just fire McDonald and start anew? After all, the season is 1 game old already. :rolleyes:

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Sometimes that's ok. Sometimes that's not. Apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

I saw only part of the game, and I have not seen the replay yet, what happened with Morris? I've seen it mentioned a few times?

Based on this McDonald is on his way to being hired as the next OC in San Francisco.

I don't recall a lot of post game pressers where head coaches mentioned their OC. It's usually "we".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom